IGNORED

USB output A-to-D converter and Mac software

asdf1000

4 hours ago, GUTB said:

BTW do any of you guys know of a native DSD capable ADC?

Yes I do. The KORG MR-2000S and TASCAM makes a Native DSD recorder called the DA-3000 as well.

http://tinyurl.com/yd282nov

These folks have it available for $800 after a rebate from TASCAM 

I must warn you, though, the Korg MR-2000S is more than $1000 new, but you can find one on E-bay for less. There are a bunch of them for sale there. I saw one just a few minutes ago for less that $700. Another way to go would be the Korg MR1 which is a "hand-held" DSD recorder. I have one of these as well, and it has excellent sound quality. I use it for location recordings all the time. It's basic DSD (2.8 MHz), but it has balanced or unbalanced inputs; will record PCM to 24/192, and with the addition of Korg's 'Audiogate' software for Either Mac or Windows, you change any supported format to any other format. E-bay has an MR1 right now that you can buy for US$350.

http://tinyurl.com/y7kylcrf

Be advised that the MR-1 sites to a sub-2" HDD, and not to solid state storage as does the MR-2000S. I have tried to find an SSD equivalent of this mechanical HDD, but I have never seen one in this form factor. Nice part of the MR1 is that it comes apart easily and replacement Li battery cells are available on E-bay for far less than the $125 than Korg charges for a replacement. I recently replaced the battery in mine (I've been using this MR1 since 2005) for $12!. Also, universal Wall-wart power supplies can be had from many sources and the connector tip used is a common one. So Power supply replacement (should it ever need doing) is a cinch as well. 

I hope this info is of some help

George

10 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

As a starter setup, you can't go wrong with one of these:

Image result for scarlett 2i2

Lots of people use these to capture vinyl.  It's cheaper than the Schiit Jil, and has way more features.

Behringer sell essentially a very, very similar device called the UMC-202HD and right now, it's on sale for less than $60! My considerable experience with Behringer gear is extremely positive!

George