IGNORED

Best CPU for hqplayer

sbenyo

• 11 months later...

Hi guys,Miska,

Just got a 4090 yesterday and looks like i m nearly there.The gap between hiccups is preety long for dsd1024 7ecv2/3 sinc-m.my question is(most probably already answered,sorry),is there a theoretical hw setup for dsd1024 asdm7ecv2/3 in general?

My hw:

Win 11

7900x - 5.7Ghz

DDR5 - 7800Mhz Cl 36

4090 - 2625MHz

Overall load is <50% .

Any suggestions about os,tweaks and overclocking are welcomed.

A while ago i ve wrote on this topic that the best cpu for hqp is hqplayer pro.I still believe it,but only if you work for seagate or wd from home:))

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EMINENT said:

Hylo.

Congrats!

Was it worth it you think?

Well,just happened to have the hardware at hand,and it can be done nicely in 2 box server with a LPSU for mb.

DSD1024 was the main point,the sound itself can be improved later on,Waversa,Schnerzinger,QSA.

Main purpose of this PC is  NFS(car game),DSD 1024 is a very very big bonus for me.I know it has been done before with a 3090Ti.

Don t want to encourage people to build this system(check DerBauer vs Igor s lab about Alphacool fan)

250W for DSD1024 is a fair trade for me.

Plan B - HQPlayer PRO and 10 HDD of 20Tb

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Nice to hear performance results with one of these X3D huge cache CPU's!

Did it take something special / some specific amount of overclocking to make it work?

Hi Miska,

It was working just fine with expo 1 profile but i  found this oc  guide which is very efficient ,less power,lower temps and higher clocks.My guess is that the CPU is doing the easy part as it s overall load is under 30% and clocks are under 5 Ghz while the GPU is 100% most off the time.

6 hours ago, paradis said:

@danielB are u able to do DSD1024 with simpler filter without offloading to GPU?

Hi,

AMSDM7 512+fs is working fine

ASDM7EC -light and light 512+fs  stutters @ 10s intervals and it gets worst as you go up,same for ASDM5EC class.

I think ASDM7EC -light and light 512+fs will run fine if you can set HQp ro run exclusively on 2nd CCD cores.

• 1 month later...

need to correct my last post about DSD 1024 on ryzen 7950X3D and RTX4090.

For whatever reaseon W11 set the 7950X3D to 6C/12T,thats why i had to overclocck it and the 4090 to reach DSD1024.Looks like is a common issue for Asus Motherboards and perhaps other.

Fix: msconfig/boot/advanced/Number of processor unticked/restart

Now can do DSD1024(any combo) without any overclocking but multicore dsp have to be greyed in HQp

On 1/27/2024 at 2:14 AM, pis99 said:

Are you able to do ASDM7EC-super 512fs 

/poly-sinc-ext3 combo at 1024DSD?

Hi,

not really yet without gpu offload but i think is possible.it stutters at @ 5-6 sec intervals.

only on cpu got @ 20% load and under 5Ghz with them filters but if HQp can be pointed to the second CCD only

i think is doable.First 8 cores of this cpu can only do up to 5.25Ghz while the second CCD can do up to 5.7 Ghz

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Miska said:

Some new machine build report... Since my previous development machine with Ryzen 7 5800X started crashing, I had to build a new one... I wanted a small one, since my office is so crowded with equipment. So I went for Mini-ITX, but didn't want to trade any power for that.

Case: Fractal Design Define Nano 7

PSU: Seasonic Vertex PX-850 (ATX 3.0 and PCIe 5.0 compliant)

Motherboard: ASRock Z790 PG-ITX/TB4

CPU: Intel i9-14900K

RAM: 64 GB kit of G.Skill Ripjaws S5 DDR5-6400 CL32

CPU cooler: be quiet! Silent Loop 2 280mm AIO

GPU: PNY RTX A4500

I had to make some creative modifications to fit AIO fans between front panel and AIO radiator, I used two ASUS ROG Strix 120mm fans. Bigger case would make this easier build regarding AIO.

This can do DSD1024 with poly-sinc-gauss-xla + ASDM7EC-super, stock, without overclocking. Power draw from mains is ~280W while doing this.

Screenshotfrom2024-02-1612-34-55.thumb.png.d7f7229ff93522d7f1850e37e188b2a2.png

Hi Miska,

testing your own software is satisfying?:)))

On 7950x3d and rtx 4090,moved physx on cpu,and 3% oc on cpu same filters,cpu 10% @ 5.25-27.

Power draw 260-270w. Can t figure out why it prefers 1st ccd with 128mb cache and 5.25Ghz instead of 2nd ccd with 5.7-5.9 Ghz

3 minutes ago, Miska said:

Nice to test new hardware always! But I do so much testing every day, that it can be tiring at times... 😅

How's the per core loads? IOW, how's the load for modulator cores?

Good question.If you let me know how i can do this...,i m only using task manager...,resource monitor?sorry,me kinda noob

21 minutes ago, Miska said:

When you switch to Performance tab, the one that has CPU load graph, right-click on the CPU load graph and select "logical cores". This way you can see per-core loads. Not as detailed as what "htop" under Linux can show. but enough for most cases.

Note that the Task Manager shows GPU loads incorrectly when CUDA is in use. For GPU loads, use nvidia-smi from command prompt. I usually use 5 second update interval with "-l 5" argument.

Looks like is using mostly 6 cores from the 2nd ccd

IMG20240216150345.jpg

39 minutes ago, Miska said:

When you switch to Performance tab, the one that has CPU load graph, right-click on the CPU load graph and select "logical cores". This way you can see per-core loads. Not as detailed as what "htop" under Linux can show. but enough for most cases.

Note that the Task Manager shows GPU loads incorrectly when CUDA is in use. For GPU loads, use nvidia-smi from command prompt. I usually use 5 second update interval with "-l 5" argument.

My guess is that is reading  the clock from the first ccd and run same limit on the 2nd

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 10:59 PM, Miska said:

Some testing results from today, for those who seek to build lower TDP servers for HQPlayer.

My i9-13900T with DDR5-6400 CL32 memory can do DSD1024 with ASDM7EC-light when E-cores are set to filter. While i9-14900K can do the same with ASDM7EC-super. Both cases without GPU's help.

So the E-cores offload helps quite a bit this case, since it enables the T-model to reach DSD1024.

Thank you Miska for sharing.Looks like is working for AMD as well.For 4 days i ve been trying,and the best i ve got till now with my 7950x3d was a 6min song with only 3 ms long stutters under a not so fine tuned audiolinux -7Ec-super,sinc-MGa,gauss hires mp.Not a chance on windows with them settings.In fact,dsd512 sounds decent enough after i ve read that dsd1024 is over the specs of usb audio:))