IGNORED

Best CPU for hqplayer

sbenyo

45 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

I've got a feeling that 8700k/8086k and newer would perform the same with poly-sync-xtr-mp-2s 

It actually performs better than sinc-L.  Sinc-L buffers the data for about 7 to 10 seconds before playing, at least with my rig.  I also use HQPlayer with Roon as front end.  Maybe that has something to do with it, don't know.

12 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

Very interesting... just to check that we're talking about PCM44.1 (redbook) to DSD512?  You're suggestion that sinc-L plays, it's just that the buffer time is long?

No, I was not referring to DSD512. I was referring to DSD256 using the difficult ASDM7EC modulator with sinc-L  I do not use DSD512, until maybe a machine exists to play the EC modulator with it.

• 1 year later...
On 11/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, bobflood said:

The big question is: Did DSD 512 make any noticeable improvement in the sound vs 256, IOW is it worth the effort?

Exactly the question to be answered before shelling out dollars for a significant upgrade. Could the user evaluate the difference using the trial version of Pro? Record a track using DSD 256 and 512 with ASDM7ECv2 modulator. Would that produce a fair comparison or are there limitations preventing that?