IGNORED

CLOCKS, what should we look for in next generation

52 minutes ago, zephyr24069 said:

Please don't misread threads, I never made that statement!  I agree with you about benefits of Cybershaft clocks!

I just wanted to clarify that master clocks ca  be beneficial to SQ. I don't know why or how. This is based on my subjective listening only.

53 minutes ago, jabbr said:

It is entirely possible that either the internal clock is terrible, or that the SQ improvement you are hearing is the result of increased jitter!

Physics is physics. There is no hard & fast or proven correlate between low phase error in the “tX-USB Ultra” and SQ. You have a long long long way to go to prove that your SQ improvement has anything to do with less phase error in the clock.

Hint: first measure the phase error at the DAC latch with and without the external clock ;) Short of that your perception of better SQ could be due to anything.

I am not a scientist in a lab with measuring tools. My ears are probably detecting what the tools can't measure. My experience tells me that my ears are more advanced than specs. Having said that, I don't deny the power of placebo.