IGNORED

SOtM Trifecta

8 hours ago, rickca said:

There's a major source of confusion here I'd like to clarify.

The trifecta that is discussed at length here on CA by @austinpop consists of

tX-USBultra

modded sMS-200 (using 2 clock points from the tX-USBultra to turn it into an sMS-200Ultra)

modded switch (using 1 clock point from the tX-USBultra)

So in this configuration, there is only one sCLK-EX board and it is in the tX-USBultra.  You can optionally add a master clock connector to any product that hosts an sCLK-EX.

Then Crux Audio co-opted the trifecta nickname on their website to describe a completely different bundle.

tX-USBultra

sMS-200Ultra

sPS-500

In this configuration, there are two sCLK-EX boards, one in the tX-USBultra and one in the sMS-200Ultra, so both of those units could optionally have a master clock connector.

Most of the references on CA to the trifecta are not talking about the Crux Audio configuration.  This is important to understand.

Sorry for the delayed response to Rick's "bat signal." I got here as soon as I could. :D

I do sympathize with folks who are confused. This trifecta approach is confusing for a variety of reasons:

• it was discovered empirically by @romaz, and later confirmed by me and many others
  • SOtM is a small Korean company. They make stellar products, but marketing is not their strong suit. It is exacerbated by the fact that English is not their first language.
  • Back to the first point, since the trifecta approach was not one that they designed and marketed from the start, their approach has been reactive, as is only to be expected.
  • Most people are learning about it from the monster thread on CA, and based on their ability to comprehend, they are approaching SOtM for mods etc.

I have tried to make sense of the monster thread by curating an index in the first post here: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/ That was no easy task, I don't mind saying. Hopefully it has proved useful.

So yes - while it is true that it is truly a monster thread of 189 pages and growing, it is not a daunting task, surely, to go to the index, and search for the word "trifecta"? Here's one of several:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?do=findComment&comment=659870

Hope this helps.