IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

12 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

but seriously, the switching of the capacitors and the high frequency processor do not have a bad influence on the performance?  

Nope.  Not in the least.  And the once every 4-10 seconds alternating between the 70 Farad banks is 100% glitch-free and transparent.  I defy anyone to see the alternating on a scope.

Of course the other benefits— leakage--loop blocking, ultra-low noise, and ultra-low output impedance are some of what make the UltraCap LPS-1.2 the ideal mate to fine components such as the Sonore ultraDigital and ultraRendu.  And it doesn’t hurt that their aluminum cases match exactly. 9_9

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Struttmaster said:

Yeah, looking to go from SPDIF to optical....

I thought you were looking to go from USB to Toslink (optical).  At least that is what you stated in your e-mail to me.

There are many USB converters on the market that provide Toslink output (in addition to S/PDIF), but since the performance of Toslink is limited (by the standardly available transmit and receive parts), a lot of the better DDCs don’t include Toslink as it is not the usual choice for the target purchaser. 

It looks like your Meridian 218 also includes an S/PDIF input (on RCA jack right above the optical jack), so perhaps you can use that instead.

1 hour ago, tapatrick said:

For anyone interested, after a weeks listening the  Ultradigital definitely sounds better with a 5v LT3045 before it powered by an LPS-1.

That's why the newer generation UltraCap LPS-1.2 has paralleled LT3045s as it output regulators.  The LT3045 did not even exist when we did the original LPS-1 design.  

I think you know all that.  Just posting for the benefit of others as there is no need to add outboard LT3045 DIY boards when an LPS-1.2 is used.  :D