IGNORED

Teac 10MHz clock : CG - 10M

14 hours ago, kevin gilmore said:

its not. But the jitter of the oscillator is important. Which is why the disciplined OCXO's sure seem to sound better than

the synthesized disciplined things. I really did not expect the quality of the sound to change, I was surprised.

best $200 for a tweek in a very long time

Kevin, I've been looking on eBay for years for a deal like this.  Where did you find it?  I just looked and can't find the same.  What were the other clocks you tried that were beat by this one?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

3 minutes ago, kevin gilmore said:

I found it on ebay, new in box, never soldered to etc. I got lucky, keep looking.

It sounds better than the frequency electronics ones which are DDS. There are 2 different kinds of these, some are programmable the others are not. They are all pulls from cell phone tower electronics packages, so no idea how much life is left.

The lamp is part of the rubidium physics package. Which also includes a heater for the detector. The oven for the crystal is

something else.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

If you get one of these Larry, how/what device do you plan on utilizing the clock?

It was more of an exercise in curiousity than anything else.  It started when I owned a Brooklyn DAC with a word clock input. That was sold long ago.

For now my approach is to use the lt3045s to deliver ultra clean power to boards with clocks.  I'm also working to eliminate as many devices with clocks as possible.