IGNORED

Combo384 Amanero firmware upgrade for DSD256 Lampizator Lite 7

Sparky SBC dietpi version 6.5 supports Amanero's new firmware nativeDSD on Linux, I use Sparky SBC for NAA, and hqplayer plays DSD512. Overall performance is good. However, there is noise when the playback stops or the album is played again. Don't know which version is the last Linux firmware version, 2003be, 2003be_71A? The latter is more noisy.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm glad I've finally managed to track down this thread, and also the one over at Github. I have a Lampi B7, and this weekend tried to get it working with my new SOtM SMS-200 Ultra, but unfortunately on anything DSD-based I get hiss playing along with the track.

Am I right in thinking that I need to reflash the B7's Amanero card using the OEM Tool 117 from their website to fix this?

I've not used it before, are their any specific settings required when flashing it (I note mention above about F0-1,2,3 settings?) with the latest firmware?

Also on reading the instructions, it states you have to short two pads in the P3 section of the board. is this correct - does this have to be done every time you update the firmware?

Ok, so partial success. I managed to reflash the Amanero board (after spending three hours trying to get my W7 laptop to recognise the damn USB connection). 

Now DSD is working without hiss, but only via DoP, not native. Native doesn’t seem to work at all. I assume I must have missed something obvious?

Also, when i read the threads, people mention different firmware version(2003be and 2003be-71a etc) - how do you find and select these, I could see no way to do it in the OEM117 utility I downloaded from the Amanero site?

Oh I see what I have done. I thought the different firmwares would be under the CPLD Firmware drop down, and assumed the CPU firmware would just be the default one that is selected, but it's under the CPU Firmware drop down that all the other firmwares are.

So basically when I reflashed last night I used CPU FW 1096c3w2 (the first one that comes up on the list) - but I actually need 2004be is that right?

But for the CPLD Firmware do I just stick with 'CPLD_for_1080', rather than one of the other options?

7 hours ago, bibo01 said:

Yes, I think you can stick to CPLD_for_1080

Thanks. OK, so I've reflashed to the latest 2004be, but I still get hiss when playing native DSD from my SMS-200 Ultra via Roon, and the channel are the wrong way around.

I can now get DSD256 via DoP though without hiss, but again the channels are still the wrong way around. In the short term I can just upsample everything ti DSD256 via DoP, and reverse the physical channel cables out of the Dac, but not ideal

I remembered I had a Github account from a while back, so I've posted on that thread also.