IGNORED

Yggdrasil Glitch Fixed

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This one shouldn't slip under the radar. Mike at @schiit fixed this a while ago, but only recently announced it. I've had the fix in my Yggdrasil but couldn't say anything :~(

I'm sure @manisandher will jump for joy about this (not really) :~)

Wow, so that whole ridiculous thread was for nothing....

But the "glitch" it out there on the Net, so reports of it will never die. I'm sure it will come up again, and someone will claim he hears it, even though it isn't there.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 hours ago, bobbmd said:

What exactly was this 'glitch'-something you could actually hear or something perceived during listening involving the sound quality? Thanks-just curious because I have never had any problems heard or perceived with any of my my Schiit products from Magni/Modi/Fulla/Gungnir except I thought the Magni became tiresome/harsh after hours of listening 

Generally thought to be inaudible, and logically (measurements) is inaudible.

Some individuals who didn't like the sound of the Yggy, or certain aspects of it, attributed what they didn't like to the glitch. But there wasn't actually shown a connection between what they were hearing and the glitch. 

At this point we don't even know if some of the people who said they could hear the glitch were even listening to a DAC that has the glitch, or one where it had already been (unannounced) fixed in software. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)