IGNORED

Good Non In Ear Headphones For Working Out?

As the title says, Ia m in need of a good pair of over ear cans for working out. Unfortunately, I cannot use IEM's due to some ear surgery I underwent years ago. Nothing sitting inside my ear is comfortable at all. I'm having difficulty finding anything that appears to be sweat resistant and offers good sound quality. Thanks for any help with this.

JC

Working out, in the particular case I am concerned with is stationary cycling and using the rowing machines at the club I belong to. I'm pretty certain that they won't allow ghetto blasters into the club. It's very important, though, to have a source of music when doing these exercises or you go mad having to do the work in silence.

JC

9 hours ago, rando said:

Missed the edit window: Traditional on ear headphones broadcast sound to the surrounding area at the same volume as the person wearing them hears it.  

There is enough other noise in the gym from machines being used, etc. so that wouldn't be a problem.

JC

• 1 month later...

Well, without any options, this idea is dead in the water. Unfortunately, my workouts done without the benefit of music are clearly much more difficult, stressful and less effective than they would be with it (proven previously). I guess at some point it simply is what it is.

JC

8 hours ago, rando said:

Can I ask why you disqualified the bone conduction headphones I linked to?  In all honesty that appears to be your best option.

I greatly appreciated the recommendation. However, in discussing them with someone who owned a pair, he said that while they filled the need that I had, they really were not what he would call high fidelity headphones. In the end, due to lack of options, I may still try them though.

JC