IGNORED

Audirvana 3 Bug & Issue Reports

Nico

6 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

I messed with the Advanced Parameters, and can't remember the Default Settings.

Duh.

How to re-set them?

TIA!

Just slide back the quality slider and put it back to best

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

3 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

It's already on Best.

Here's Screen Shot.

TIA again!

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 11.08.35 AM.png

move it to fastest and back to best...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

• 1 month later...

You can always start by checking the 3 options in A+ menu:

File... Library... Optimize Database, do the 3 steps there. If still there:

Trash your library in prefs panel of A+ with minus sign, close A+.
After minus sign deletion, go in your A+ database folder and delete it just to be sure more...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...
When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
 just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...
click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)

Restart mac, Restart A+ and add your library again, and see :)

Sorry for your playlists, but whenever you have one set, go to A+ menu... File... Export playlist, then save it somewhere on your playlists folder on mac, then if a bug occured again, you go to File menu again and import playlists... import can be done with all playlists at same time with the capital key. Export is one at a time till now ?

8 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

I don't understand how to select all playlists.  The shift key made no difference for me.  ?

Export is one at a time, import is ok for me. When clicked import window open to select whrre is the playlists... click the first in the folder then the last with shift key

when they are all selected or the ones you want, you can even click with ''cmd key'' uncheck the ones you don't want in that list of selected...

Snapz002.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

for a minute there, I didn't realize I was looking at your Finder.  Did you save each individual playlist to the finder one at a time?   I thought you were saying you did all at once from A+.

Yes the bad thing is Export to finder or anywhere else is one at the time...

maybe will be different in new A+ coming but now, one at the time export,

but import is good the select many as you want... you can even do a cmd z if you didn't import the good ones :)

Mine are all smart playlist so whenever i put a new CD with good tags like i want to go in the good playlists automatically... so, saving them in case of Bugs is a good saving time :)

Snapz002.thumb.jpg.315bb6af4d318378aecb87b04bbc5418.jpg

Snapz001.thumb.jpg.a4def2ed12c516ed2c614902bdf67119.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

When i click my playlist 'Rock' and put it in tracks view for it to play randomly,

whenever a .DSF track will start next after a change of sample rate, i have a SCREE sound before it began.

I have put be silent when switching sample rate in preferences, doesn't change, always happen.

It doesn't happen TIC or SCREE when playing the album one song after the other on the same CD,

seems like just when switching sample rate, to .DSF before starting.

The kinda sound that might harm your tweeter sounds like :( 

45 minutes ago, Dandaman said:

@damien78

I am recently getting a SystemOptimizer error from A+ 3.2.5 which arises whenever I first launch A+ .  The error appears thus:

303.thumb.jpg.5b8afff956e5c424b1bce0e7eeb250d8.jpg

This isn't a great problem if I'm sitting at my computer as I can just click "OK" & I'm good.  But using the Remote on my iPad, I sometimes run into the same issue which requires me to leave my listening position & go to the computer to OK the warning.  I don't know why this has just started happening.  It happens 100% of the time when I first launch A+ & try to play a song.  If A+ has been in use, I don't see this error.  Can you advise me, Damien?  Also, I don't know which of the optimizations are being prevented from running.

This is under El Capitan 10.11.6    Thanks.

You can try deleting or put away those files for you to keep

or put them back where they were for no change...

Maybe they were corrupted for whatever reason...

Stop A+

Try deleting SysOpt prefs files:

Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)

Restart Mac just to be sure,

Restart A+,

this will ask you to install SysOpt again at the first song you play... and see  :)

Cool :)

the good things about preferences, is that they can be deleted, you just have to set them like what you had before...

some like SysOpt are specific and don't change much when deleting them except what they are supposed to do.

like i said it up there the best way is to place them outside where they were on you computer or best .zip them on your desktop then trash the real ones still in there place. Restart is always good because the computer can always remember where they were even when closing the program.

If you are not happy with the result of trashing, just unzip the ones on your desktop you had before

and put them back where they were and restart, you'll be like before.

This is like with the A+ music Database... always copy that file anywhere when you make changes to it,

then when a bug occured, you put the backup where it was and restart A+ and all is good again :)

I posted that also before, but it is always good to remember it:
Everyday when i change something in my Albums Tags in A+ or in my Preferences of A+ (like Izotope settings),
i always backup those 2 prefrerences somewhere on my Mac, if something get corrupted or messed up
i put those 2 in their places after having closed A+ and i restart the Mac, and i'm back like before...

if you back up every week, you'll be a week late...

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Backup that folder (that is your database of music).
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Backup com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences).

And yes All my Smart Playlists are saved 'Exported' somewhere too in a folder.
Click a Playlist... go to File Menu... Export Playlist... yes one by one for now,

importing them back can be done all at the same time with the capital key selecting first and last,

or with cmd key for specifics ones :)