IGNORED

JCAT Net Card Femto

DavidZ

Reviving this thread...I had a chance to install JCAT Net Card Femto two days ago, while it is going through the burn-in period, and linear power supply on its way to me, I am already very surprised how much improvement this new card be able to deliver.  It is like having an entirely new system, and everything is just so...musical.  I am looking forward to install my LPS later this week when it is delivered, but even without it, the improvement is well deserved the recommendation.

5 hours ago, lateboomer said:

Thank you and I hope to find out more from user implementation and impression. This is very important product yet very much less talked about.

I will post more of my impressions later this week, once I have the LPS installed and past the recommended burn-in period for the JCAT Net Card Femto.  Not sure why this product wasn't discussed more, and I also had a hard time finding user impressions while doing my research, but I sure am glad I decided to give it a try because the improvement isn't even subtle.

4 hours ago, GUTB said:

I was impressed with the PPA v3 USB card. This thread makes me want to pick up the JCAT and do a shootout.

That will be an interesting comparison since I have a JCAT USB Card Femto installed as well.

My earlier post was for JCAT Net Card Femto, which is their Ethernet card...just in case it was not obvious.

1 hour ago, simonklp said:

Kindly please also advise your hardware setup for better understanding of the effect of this JCAT Net Card. Thanks.

I have both JCAT Net Card Femto (JS-2) and JCAT USB Card Femto (LPS-1) installed audio PC connected to IsoRen (LPS-1), then to iFI iUSB 3.0 Micro (LPS), then to Singxer SU-1 (LPS-1, highly modded), then I2S out to Holo Spring KTE DAC.

As a side note, I received the JS-2 on Thursday, and connected it to power JCAT Net Card Femto.  Using a good linear supply also helped improve the sound quality, and I plan to let it burn-in for few more days to see if there is more improvements/changes, but for now, I am very much enjoy this new addition be able to provide.

Just now, simonklp said:

Thank you for your information. What player software are you using? Is it HQPlayer? I suppose you have another PC for running this software and connect to the Audio PC over network, and this Control PC does not have the JCAT Net Card Femto. Is this correct? Thanks.

I am currently running single PC setup, and using HQPlayer upsample to DSD512 output via ROON.

13 minutes ago, simonklp said:

Thank you again for your kind reply. But I do not understand why you need to use the JCAT Net Card Femto for the playback if you are using single PC setup.

I have my music files stored in NAS, and using JCAT Net Card Femto allows simple bridge mode setup.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, mourip said:

Once installed will the Femto card be automatically recognized by Windows 10 without the need for special drivers? 

Are there any settings for the ports that are beneficial?

I have one ordered and will use it in bridged mode...

The Intel driver can be downloaded here:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59064/IntelEthernet-Server-Adapter-I350-F2

When you receive your card, there is a recommended settings that is helpful to get the most out of the card.