IGNORED

SMPS and grounding

8 hours ago, beautiful music said:

AFAIK i haven't a ground in my home so when i touch any devices in my chain i feel the tingling which is due to earth leakage currents.

And here it is my AC Mains (220V) which i use it to feed my devices in the chain:

IMG_9672.thumb.jpg.b41e910681b3d5a24729045c8c0b8fbc.jpgIMG_9669.thumb.jpg.ebfb89509247ea5dbc7e8dccc2fb68fe.jpg

And i'm using this power strip 

IMG_0176.thumb.PNG.2a7d63113e4a170c011ed71d724f5f16.PNG

My Chain contains the following devices;

Laptop > tXUSBUltra+LPS-1 > DAC\AMP > Headphone

Any advice and thoughts

Which country are you in ?

Have you checked another wall socket ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

19 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Very suspect though.

Indeed !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

1 hour ago, beautiful music said:

Here's another photo for another socket in my house. 

IMG_9664.thumb.JPG.27c208e643900969895eb560c8f2866d.JPGIMG_9668.thumb.JPG.bdbc7c88751ba2212eacd6e064352c21.JPG

Garry sure did nail your location ! :D

It seems they are more than a bit behind the times in your country as far as electrical safety goes.

34 minutes ago, One and a half said:

:o, not only is there no earth to the outlets, the colours are random, and don't look large enough, although the install looks recent within the last 3 years or less.. There's big fat F to the bozo who wired that and a bigger F for those that put the power on. That green and yellow cable must be really expensive to buy?!

If the house is rented, then the landlord needs to make the wiring safe at their expense. Oh dear, very unsafe. @Cornan, there's your floating AC supply.

Perhaps a potential export market opportunity ?

The stripes will make the protection faster  !

Aussie stripes.jpg

9 hours ago, beautiful music said:

I think you know my country than me x-D.

So what is your advice in this regard, i'm now afraid from electricity:S

@sandyk any advice and help

And did you think that the tingling will affect in sound wise or not?

I am far removed from an expert in this area.

One and a half ( Garry) is the guy you need this assistance from, as he is highly qualified in this area.

26 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Here is a way to waste money on grounding ?

http://www.nordost.com/qrt/qbase-ac-distribution.php

...a tiny lift in the earth impedance......

I would certainly expect this product to outperform a typical Bunnings hardware store product. Cheap power boards have a tendency to go high resistance due to the contacts of the sockets losing tension after repeated insertions.

Attached is an enhanced photo of the Australian version.

Click on the image to obtain a larger image.

Lg-QRT-qb4%20mark%20II-aus_550-lightbox.jpg