IGNORED

Diana Krall's Turn Up The Volume in DSD128 Stereo

I am looking to pick up this album, and am looking into the recording detiails.  Downloads are available in 24/96, 24/192 and of course the DSD which AS admits is a conversion from PCM.  I only play DSD 256 here, but I wonder what the original recording rate was.  I suspect it was 24/96, but am trying to figure it out.  Of course, it might be worth picking up the re-modulation to DSD, but only if the conversion was done really well.  As we rarely get to hear about how these conversions are done (which SRC software was used) I think I would rather pick up whatever was the native rate, and then let my system do the conversion.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

17 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

In the old Home Theater Geeks podcast, Scott Wilkinson interviews the mastering engineer for this recording. It has been awhile since I watched it but I recall him saying that the material he was sent to master was at 24/192. I am sure that the podcast is probably still up on you tube.

Thanks, I went ahead and downloaded the 24/192.  I know Al Schmidt used the Bricasti M7 for reverb and it is capable of running at 24/192, so perhaps they did keep the recording chain at 24/192...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio