IGNORED

LPS for NAS.

I am wondering if anyone has change the PS (switching) to LPS? If you have made the change, did you notice any bump in SQ? I am currently using Synology DS916+ running storage+ Roon Server streaming music to uRendu and woundering if LPS is added to the NAS would it gives nics SQ bump. Any comment is appreciated. Thanks.

"Its the REF clock that makes it all so good..."

28 minutes ago, Kritpoon said:

I am wondering if anyone has change the PS (switching) to LPS? If you have made the change, did you notice any bump in SQ? I am currently using Synology DS916+ running storage+ Roon Server streaming music to uRendu and woundering if LPS is added to the NAS would it gives nics SQ bump. Any comment is appreciated. Thanks.

I briefly used the 12V DC from an HDPlex LPS  to power my NAS, it didn't really help much. While I had a wired network, running the switch off HDPlex LPS  helped reduce digital irritants and eliminated a wallwart hum but when I changed to fiber optic isolation of the renderer I got the same effect. My tentative conclusion was that the differences I heard before were electrical noise making it through the wired network to the renderer. I also use fiber optic to the NAS but in truth that didn't make an audible difference, just eased my conscience about having the best connection possible. It's definitely the right step to run the microRendu off an LPS.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system