IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

56 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

Is anybody out there using 3.1 successfully thru the ultrarendu with the mpd/dlna switcher? Unsuccessful here.

I have microRendu (not ultra), but working fine for me.

What issue are you having?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

3 hours ago, Jud said:

As with @jhwalker microRendu works beautifully for me.  No experience of the ultra.

Edit: Upsampling to DSD256 with Mac.

Same, upsampling to DSD256.

5a20be7acba24_AudirvanaPreferences2017-11-3020-28-21.thumb.png.764f3959d47204cef8745564e1a8efe9.png

5a20be9f349c2_AudirvanaPreferences2017-11-3020-28-53.thumb.png.353d72e54437aa98685a1273e31ed879.png

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, damien78 said:

I've just released the version 3.2 of Audirvana Plus that brings the ultra high quality SoX upsampling algorithm (iZotope is still selectable):

How To use it:

• Go to the Audio Filters page of Audirvana Plus preferences
  • Select SoX as the sample rate converter algorithm
  • Select one of the forced upsampling options (e.g. power of two, or DSD)

Expert settings:

If wished, you can tune the SoX parameters as you can do with iZotope SRC (e.g. bandwidth/cutoff slope, anti-aliasing, phase)

BTW, SoX is 2x faster than iZotope. This will help to keep cool some CPUs and their fans silent.

Merry Christmas ;)

Damien

Capture d’écran 2017-12-19 à 19.38.02.png

Damien, I don't recall if we've ever had a definitive answer on this:  does the underlying PCM upsampling code (e.g., iZotope, now SOX) have any effect if you're finally upsampling everything to DSD (in my case, DSD512 to a iFi Micro iDSD)?  If so, any recommendations on what settings to use?