IGNORED

Using the ISO Regen with Phasure LUSH USB Cable

40 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I'm still burning in my Lush cable, but I am currently operating on the principle that assuming it sounds better, it needs to be the last USB cable in the chain before the DAC, or a DDC like a Singxer or Mutec, if that's what you're using.

Specifically wrt to the ISO-R, to honor the OP's intent, I am assuming the Lush should go from the output of the ISO-R to the next component? Or are you guys finding that it is better to put it before the ISO-R? That would be truly puzzling to me.

Rajiv, I have the Lush between the ISO Regen and DAC replacing one of the two USPCBs previously in use here. I have tested the Lush alone, and Lush then ISO Regen. This is with the ifi microIDSD black label DAC. Like you, I find the Regen to Lush order most intuitive and I started, and ended there after proving this best through listening.

It will be curious to hear where you end up.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

4 minutes ago, Doak said:

I have tried the Lush both before and after my ISO Regen while using the USBPC as the second connector.  

Contrary to what "should be",  I have a distinct preference for the sound with the Lush BEFORE the ISO Regen. 

I will also add that with the configuration, I prefer the setup with my DIY shorty connector. It adds another "dollop of lush" that appeals to me, while the USBPC puts things in sharper focus - two different flavors either of which may be chosen according to personal preference. 

Funny, I have a feeling the ideal position for the Lush will be a "taste" thing.

Just now, soupdujour said:

Perhaps I phrased that a bit incorrectly.  By having the Lush as the last pathway between the ultraRendu and the DAC, my understanding is the Lush is able to "influence" the USB signal.  

Yes indeed. Over here the ISO Regen seems to increase the density of the image, and then the Lush makes it more musical, adding PRAT(Pace, Rythym and Timing), depth and harmonics galore.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kennyb123 said:

Relative to the USPCB, there is a very slight smearing of the upper frequencies with the Lush.  High hats are crisper and more "right" to my ears with the USPCB.  Has anyone else noticed this?  And if so, might I expect further burn-in time to help?  I have only 5 days on the Lush so far.

(For my comparisons, the ISO REGEN was left feeding my DAC via a USPCB.  I swapped only what connected my microRendu to the ISO REGEN).

Kenny, did you try the Lush between the ISO Regen and DAC? That is the sweet spot for most of us.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...