IGNORED

Liquid Conductors in your Interconnect Cables

I remember decades ago, audio cables that were tubes filled with liquid mercury. A solution in search of a problem. Well they created problems of their own.

Now getting back to liquid conductors, there are areas in science and medicine that require much better conductors than anything in audio. And there is much more money to be made in science and medicine than in hi-fi.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, GrahamJohnMiles said:

Those who have not heard them are not qualified to pass judgement. Time to move on folks, and probably time for me to find another forum where people enjoy music.

I would think the opposite.

Those that don't hear a difference can demonstrate in several different ways that the differences are too small to be audible.

Ways like:

1] Textbook theory and formula.

2] Computer simulation (like SPICE)

3] Real world measurement.

4] Blind listening tests. (by interested listeners)

It's those that write about hearing differences that need to demonstrate that they do in fact hear differences.

Let me clarify that:

a] Not all cables are good cables.

b] All good cables sound alike. (with conditional statements)

c] If cables sound different, there will be significant measurement differences.

a] A good cable should sound like a zero length cable, it should not add or subtract anything from the sound.

b] There are more demands placed on long cables than short cables.

c] Harsh electrical environments can place more EMI/RFI demands on interconnect cables.

d] Some loudspeakers place more demands on speaker cables than other loudspeakers.

e] There are other situation specific conditions.