IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

14 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

Are you really so scared that some bit of poor engineering will be revealed by Amir's measurements that you have to refuse a sale? LOL. Is your faith in the ISO so weak that you have attempt to hide it? Or do you just insist on a belief in your magic dust?  Although Amir would never let any personal animosity to bias his results, I'd think you'd want a reviewer to look into things without throwing him personal insults before hand.

A very sad and lame approach from a supposed engineer Alex

Got to agree.  If a manufacturer has confidence in their product, what better way than have a third party with the necessary instruments "check it out".   Results are just that, results.

The Truth Is Out There

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

Independent of any measurements, how they are taken, with what, or by whom...

I asked about a return privilege because that would allow me to listen to this device with my DAC, in my system and return it if the rather impressive claims are not met.

As one person noted, there is nothing on the web site stating a return is allowed.  That suggests a lack of confidence in the product.

I guess you didn't read this.

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/iso-regen

"As with all UpTone products, the ISO REGEN is sold with a 30-day, money-back, satisfaction guarantee. So just buy it and try it! "

The Truth Is Out There

6 hours ago, firedog said:

Alex specifically stated he is willing to have third parties evaluate his product and named some of them. 

He said he isn't willing to sell his product to Amir as he feels Amir made out of line (my phrasing) comments about Alex on his forum.  He also said he doesn't care if a third party sends Amir an IsoRegen.

So your point seems moot. 

"Results are results". The question remains, how were they arrived at and what do they mean, if anything. The answer to that question isn't always clear 

I guess we will never know.

The Truth Is Out There

16 hours ago, Jud said:

Nope, I'll just happily listen to my rig with an item in it that I blind tested a prototype of, and it passed with flying colors, same as with the other tester.  Anything in your system that you personally and another person independently have blind tested?

I'm surprised these scientific types didn't jump on you for your test measurements or lack of to back up what you heard. :)

The Truth Is Out There

39 minutes ago, plissken said:

That was me and what I'm saying is in the PAST *You know that thing that happens long ago* there was no text on the Uptone site about a 30 day MBG. And I'm 100% correct in this. How do I know this? I hit the Internet Wayback machine and found a capture of the site that was after the last time I visited and there was zero text about a 30 day MBG. 

Fast forward to today and google-foo for a 30-day MBG and the only page it comes up on is the ISO Regen page. Since I have spell out the obvious: If that text is only on the ISO Regen page, it means it's not on any of the other pages, ergo, it didn't exist on the site prior to the ISO regen page. 

Interesting, back in 2015 in on the 'Mono and Stereo' site, they note  on the USB product " UpTone Audio has a 30 days money back guarantee, so you can try before buy " 

I would recommend that Uptone added in the FAQ area a note about the 30 day return policy that supports ALL products. As its only noted on the ISO Reng, which makes it rather confusing.

The Truth Is Out There