IGNORED

Why do apple lossless file sizes vary ??

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Thx - that's a lot more than the Finder's Get Info facility shows

You're welcome. Be sure to let us know if you find out anything interesting. :)

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

34 minutes ago, wgscott said:

iTunes has really become a nasty piece of bloatware.  I used to think people who trashed it were full of it, but it has gone downhill so much, that I think it is a borderline hazard to use it with your music library.  I used to let it "automatically organize" my library.  Now I do everything manually.  The only thing I really use iTunes for now is as a server to serve music and movies and stuff to various Apple TVs, and to load stuff up onto my iOS devices.  I just recently discovered how many background system calls it makes even when idle, so I wrote a script to automatically quit iTunes whenever I turn my DAC on, just in case I forget.  I've had it do some very weird stuff with my files, and I trust it less and less as the years go by.  It has gotten more pushy, invasive and buggy.

Couldn't agree more. The only thing I use iTunes for these days is getting content onto my Apple devices.

JRiver is a much better application for managing my library and playing music and XLD does a better job of ripping CDs and converting between formats.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull