IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

23 hours ago, Speedskater said:

There is absolutely no need to ground the double insulated component. Just ground the component at the far end of the cable.

Basically, if one component of your audio system is connected to AC/safety ground then all interconnected components are technically grounded, including 'separate' power supplies. There is no technical or audiophile need to additionally ground anything and doing so may actually introduce a ground loop.

Note that this has nothing to do with Alex's suggestion to defeat possible galvanic isolation of a USB receiver in a DAC by connecting the chassis (USB bus) of the Iso Regen to the chassis of the DAC.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎14‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 9:50 PM, Indydan said:

Has anybody tried the ISO Regen plugged after the Intona Industrial?

I mean computer to Intona, then into ISO Regen, then into DAC. I already own the Intona and I am thinking of buying the ISO Regen. I am wondering if Alex or anyone else knows, or thinks that the Intona - ISO Regen combo, would be better than ISO Regen alone.

In my system I get random pops with the Iso Regen/LPS-1 combo. My DAC (Schiit Modi Multibit) doesn't have galvanic isolation of the USB circuitry, so Alex's 'ground the USB to the DAC's chassis suggestion' doesn't work here. What did work was turning the galvanic isolation of the Regen off (ON). Now I get the best SQ with an Intona USB isolator before Iso Regen..  

34 minutes ago, fsmithjack said:

I think they all pop a bit between source swaps and on/off but that should be the only time? Gain in your system has more to do with that though...

The combo randomly produced a popping/clicking sound through the speakers, once every 10 minutes on average, while playing music. With the Intona this is now gone without a noticeable loss of sound quality..

• 10 months later...