IGNORED

Proper Grounding a system

15 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Copper rods, brass and aluminium (?) strips, filled with what looks to me to be activated charcoal, in a plywood box. OK, so what ? And all for only $2000  :)

Sorry but I can't accept your/their listening impressions, because I can't trace them to ears I know and respect. It's not that I dismiss them, just can't verify them to a meaningful chain of evidence for me.

Well if you don't want to beleive in the benefits of grounding, it's your choice. This is a forum to share our knowledge and experience and other memebers can learn and try in their own systems. Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't so an open mind mentality helps here.

No need to invest in Entreq or Nordost expensive devices at all.

I got my self the cheap one from eBay and after trying it with my music PC, I ordered 3 more.  My PC, ethernet switch and amp benefited the most. Lower noise floor, more transparency and wider sound stage.

10 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Oh, I certainly believe in grounding ! I just do not believe these 'boxes' are grounds.

There is no circuit, and that is what I can't get beyond. If there was some kind of electrostatic charge from these materials, I wouldn't think it would have enough energy to affect anything at audio levels, or if it does, I'd think some big-money battery companies would be jumping all over it !

I've been an audiophile long enough to be open minded about a lot of odd things, so perhaps there is an audible effect. But I can't in clear concious call it 'Grounding'. Maybe it is some other effect  ?

Oh and, I'm not trying to rain on your hobby, but I would very much like to understand this thing better.

I am not an electrical engineer but honestly you can call it what you want :) 

I know that this thing works in my system and I would like other audiophiles to enjoy it as well.