IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

1 hour ago, al210 said:

Am I wasting my time

No only ours ?

And yes you will benefit using the UltraRendu on everything. 

And maybe consider the LPS-1.2 and the USPCB as well.

And move the MAC away from your stereo. 

I think there here is a money back guarantee in any case, so why not place an order today. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, barrows said:

On your Ethernet cable question, the Sonore recommendation for Ethernet cables is to use Blue Jeans Cable CAT 6A which uses a floating shield.  If one uses Ethernet cables with metal connectors on both ends and grounded shielding (connected to the metal connectors) this defeats the isolation inherent in Ethernet and COULD be a source of ground current noise.

Ghent’s ethernet cables use the Faraday Cage theory (yes JSSG), and the connectors is NOT connected to any screen. 

And for the price, probably the best ethernet cable you can get. 

http://www.ghentaudio.com/part/et11.html

4 minutes ago, savingslowly said:

Ok so it's suitable as per the recommended spec? 

What do you actually mean ?

Audiopile ethernet cables may not not comply 100% with the given specifications.

Yes the cable of cause does, but cable and plug together not always. And that’s to overcome the problems mentioned above. 

As an example the Audioquest Vodka has no shield connected to those Telegärtner they use. Blue Jeans only use plastic plugs. 

13 minutes ago, gordec said:

Both on the main PC.

Windows PC ?

You mention HQPlayer embedded, but that’s a Linux SW. 

Anyway. You will have to test this. Roon RAAT vs HQPlayer NAA. 

There isn’t any final answer to your question. 

Many will suggest best combo is SonicTransporter with Roon and HQPlayer embedded installed. 

Your UltraRendu should in any case serve you well. It’s a very nice piece og HW. Remember to install latest SW on the Rendu. 

1 hour ago, Teme said:

I have Ultrarendu connected to M2Tech Evo 2 with normal, good quality Ifi USB cable. I just updated M2Tech with linear ps from Teddy Pardo and I was wondering is there any setting in UR to take out the 5V power from cable or is there any benefit to get new cable with data only connection?  

There is no power setting in the UR. 

The 5 Vbus from UR is quite good.

You can test this product https://uptoneaudio.com/products/uspcb-a-b-adapter

I’m quite sure the Evo needs the 5V, supplied by the Vbus. The USPCB can block the 5V. 

You would need a specilal USB cable, if you like to bypass Vbus supplied by the UR to that DCC.  You can try Ghent Audio.

Of cause that would require a very good 5V supply in addition. I don’t recommend going this route. 

I hope this was helpful. 

BTW:
You can probably change the clock in the Evo. I have the schematic I think.