IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

BTW we are working on an internal tweak that has some interesting potential. If (emphasis on the word if) it pans out we will be making it available to microRendu, microRendu 1.4, and ultraRendu running Sonicorbiter 2.5 for free via Apps / Software Manager. Top secret stuff and can't say more except that you will not be able to do this externally:)

??????

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, barrows said:

I have not tried the USBPC, but it is curious to me.  Typically, a PCB construction has more parasitics than an appropriately engineered wire, as the mass of the substrate material in close proximity to the trace is much higher.  AFAIK the USBPC is also made of ordinary FR4, right?  It might be a bit better if it was FEP/Teflon substrate.

I am not certain of these thoughts, perhaps a good high speed PCB designer like @marce, could comment.

Curious to read that. On the Uptone site one can read :

Carefully designed with a 4-layer circuit board, we took into account even the mass of the connectors and the widths and thicknesses of the traces. So this new adapter perfectly preserves signal integrity and impedance match.  IT IS BETTER THAN ANY USB CABLE!

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, bobflood said:

FYI, I did the update today on 2.8 and no problems so far. I had not had any of the problems with 2.8 that others reported with my uRendu. I think the problems seemed to be with with oRendu and sig oRendu.

Could you or any other user (by chance!) try to stream through a 2.8 urendu a very high rate DSD file (DSD256 or DSD512) to a USB dac accepting native DSD (not DOP) like the iFi Pro iDSD ?

In my case, 2.7 plays fine in this setup. However, 2.8 streams erratically with an unbearable stuttering.

Regards to all who may hep here

56 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

It's is not DAC related and more a network issue. Try setting your server to 100 Mbps Full Duplex or enable flow control on a managed switch. In the mean time, I'll look at the 2.8 code to see if we can request it on our end.  

Jesus,

Thats's exactly what I am doing now. My NUC server (Win10) is set to100 Mbps Full Duplex, and streaming is performing OK, no stuttering. I looked at the Flow Control in the Win10 Control Panel, and it is set at "Rx & Tx Enabled" . In fact, I never touched that setting since I got my Nuc i5.

Cheers,

André