IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

4 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

While it is true that for the absolute best result possible, no matter what the cost or complexity, it needs to be fed by a source with very low phase noise clock, that does NOT mean it is useless with less than the best source

Thanks John. Great answer.

As listings impressions so far also conclude with direct attached computer, the lift in SQ is huge. I looking forward to read those that have endpoints, like me with a MicroRendu. I'm convinced I made the right choice purchasing the ISO REGEN with USPCB's.

Will in theory a dual ISO REGEN configuration make sense ? (Assuming dual LPS-1 as well).

1 hour ago, Speed Racer said:

Hold on a second. What does it matter as long as the source is good enough so that data bits aren't getting flipped? Data bits getting flipped seems to be uncommon, based on what I read.

Why would a better source matter if the whole point of the ISO Regen is to completely isolate its input side from its output side AND to reclock and regenerate the USB data packets with near perfect signaling?

What would be different on the output side if the there were a better or worse source?

We buy this product because we have "less than the best source"!!

This has already been answered by John. Hence my previous effort to understand everything.

(And yes a bit related to some of his other products :)

Also please understand that I'm talking about differences here that we might not will be able to hear. Also the results most likely is very user and equipment dependent. Especially the DAC I would suppose and your AC power wiring.
This, the SQ, we will learn more about in the user impression tread. Be patient.

I understand John answer er very theoretical and on the edge of what is technical possible today.

So I would highly recommend you to purchase this product.

Or you have one in order ?

18 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Don't tell me to relax.....

John said:

"it needs to be fed by a source with very low phase noise clock"

What happens differently when the clock is good versus not so good. Since the ISO Regen reclocks the regenerated USB packets, why does it matter? Aren't the regenerated USB packets reclocked with the same “femto”-clock timing regardless?

Again; have you actually read that post I'm referring to ?

" Every digital "stream" is timed by some clock, the phase noise of that clock is kind of a "fingerprint" on that stream, it is embedded in the timing of the stream. When that stream goes into some circuitry, some noise is generated in the power and ground signals of that circuitry. Even if that stream gets reclocked by an ultra low phase noise clock, there is still noise generated in the PG signals that has the fingerprint of the clock used to generate the stream in the first place! That noise can modulate the local clock so what come out of it is some combination of the original fingerprint and that of the local clock. "

No need to make people confused about something that may only be a theoretical issue.

Have you one in order ? What is your USB source ?

I'm actually not able to find your quote in any post when searching. Are you sure your reference is 100% correct. Or maybe it is the search engine...

40 minutes ago, Elberoth said:

Alex,

When do you expect to ship the last ISO regens from the initial batch of 250 ? (I bought it the very first morning you sent the link)

That has been answerd already. Next week he indicated. Search this thread. 

Edit:

It was just a few post back. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Tone Deaf said:

My USB chain:  Mac Mini -> normal Regen (LPS-1) -> Icron Ranger 2201 Lex -> Ethernet -> Icron Ranger Rex (LPS-1) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1) -> QB-9

Do you really need the Icron Ranger ?

Would it not be better to simplify  everything and just use 2 USPCB between the Mac and the DAC. (With the ISO Regen in the middle). 

Maybe add uptone PS tweak on the Mac ?

(I buy the two LPS-1 you don't need then ?)

18 minutes ago, Tone Deaf said:

With regards to SQ, I completely agree, but I needed it as a USB extender.  Though pre ISO Regen, it possibly provided some benefit due to the GI, which the ISO Regen now provides.

....or use a quality endpoint, though that may not add much. Maybe you even tried ?

• 1 month later...

@Superdad

Can't you just order 100 of USPCB with this small USB plug right away ?

And raise the price if needed, since you probably pay more for small production series. 

Should not be a big deal or ?

I'm in for one. 

And you do still like to keep your costumes happy ? ?

12 hours ago, octaviars said:

I have a question regarding using an ISO Regen between a computer and DAC.

First my plan was to run something like a microRendu as Roon endpoint and be done with that but then Roon launched ROCK and I plan to build a NUC7i7 to run that. So my qustion is how much more performance will I get runing a microRendu to my DAC vs. just using the USB on the NUC and run that to a ISO Regen? I know Roon recomends to use endpoints with their RAAT but with the ISO Regen perhaps this does not matter that the audio output is on the computer motherboard?

Loking at the pictures of what a ISO Regen does to the USB signal does it really matter what the signal comes from?

I think a SonicTransporter i5 may serve you better than ROCK. Why purchase a noisy PC, with less options.... 

The SonicTransporter allows you to do USB direct as well. ( I suppose ROCK can do to, just verify), so you can use ISO Regen direct. 

Since I own all these products, I will test later, but my guess is that you will be very happy to start withe the ISO regen and a LPS-1. Which more or less comply/answer your last sentence. 

But we may soon have st start discussing how well your DAC or DCC handle that perfect USB signal as well ?

I just exchanged my F1 with a modified SU-1, and that did a lot in my setup. 

And I still have left to feed the SU-1 with an LPS-1. 

And 

3 hours ago, octaviars said:

A sonicTransport is still a computer please do explain why you think that it has less noisy than a NUC? 

https://www.audiostream.com/content/intel-nuc-sonictransporter-tale-two-mini-computers-running-roon-core

You maybe can change the HD on the SonicTransporter and install ROCK. 

I have a project ongoing that maybe, and and say only maybe, you will be able to power a SonicTransporter from 2 LPS-1.

There is of cause no logical reason to expect the SonicTransporter to perform better with a dual LPS-1 ?

3 hours ago, No Disc said:

I just found this little one.  I this I will get one and compare to my Curious cable.  

dXD6q3.jpg

Don't need female on the normal USB side ?

http://www.dx.com/p/usb-female-to-micro-usb-male-adapter-connector-113791#.WWIVYiA8yhA

Or this one one is more correct:

http://www.dx.com/p/mini-usb-5-pin-male-to-usb-a-female-adapter-26783#.WWIWGiA8yhA

(just ordered one myself for my Explorer2 DAC)

On 10.7.2017 at 6:25 PM, sadekkhalifa said:

I'm curious to know if there is a big difference between ISOREGEN alone and ISOREGEN with microRendu 

I' trying to do this, but so far no one has been able to tell me how Roon can see my DAC when connect directly to my SonicTransporter via USB. 

Nor or can I be told if HQPlayer can be used as well. 

(actually it's the Singxer F1, but that should not matter)

To use a Roon Brigde is easy, but then I'm comparing a PC vs MicroRendu both as endpoints, and the answer to what sounds best of those two is well known. 

15 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

So maybe the buying decision comes down to first assessing whether one can connect their computer directly to their DAC using a USPC

Dissagree a bit. If a cable is needed purchase the Ghent Audio USB JSSG cable. It's very good. 

You sound in any case be able to use the uspcb between your ISO regen and DAC. 

Unless you need a mini USB. 

Then again Ghent will rescue you ?

I've asked Alex several times to make a USPCB with a USB mini interface. 

Time will tell 

59 minutes ago, ElviaCaprice said:

But what we really wanted to know.  Does a computer with just an ISO Regen and two USPCB's on each side to a DAC sound as good, better or worse than a mR added to the system? 

Now, interesting and correct question, but let me add with no Roon brigde installed on that PC. Only Roon core. Agree ?

That is if you're using Roon ?

Otherwice tell me how your MicroRendu was running. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ciukas said:

does the LPS-1 and the ISO Regen fit inside a Pelican case 1060?

Most likly not, as you noted yourself ?. But I think you will notice when the items arrive, that a protective case is really not needed. Just wrap some t-shirt around. 

And remeber to pack the Meanwell PS also ?

(It's huge an heavy).....

And remeber you could always use the nice case it's shipped with. 

As as far as I know, an unpowered LPS do not act as a battery, hence nothing to worry about.

You will notice this when you pull the plug from the Meanwell PS, what will happen to the connected devices ?