IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

28 minutes ago, bit01 said:

The bold text above should have read 'until I cycle power to the ISO Regen'. On/off of the DAC does not change anything.

If you are running Windows 10 you can try to right click on the windows logo and choose "Device Manager" and follow this instruction on ALL of your USB Root hubs  https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/

No guarantee that it will solve your issue, but there is a good chance it could if the power saving option is ticked.

🎛️  Audio System  

3 minutes ago, bit01 said:

Hi Cornan,

Thank you for the suggestion-did it but it does not help this situation.

The controller reports 'unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)' until I cycle the IR power

B.

Have you tried to uninstall/install the USB driver? 

It could ofcouse also be a signal ground issue. You could try to do Alex C´s trick to squeeze (lightly) a stranded wire in the USB output port together with the USB cable (touching the outer shell of the plug and inner shell of the socket) and attach the other end of the cable to any signal or chassi ground on your DAC.

🎛️  Audio System  

6 minutes ago, bit01 said:

Hi Cornan, Frojo

Gnd wire does not fix this - I found that just plug-unplug USB chord also works. I will be doing this in the meantime.

Thank you both for your thoughts and input.

You´re welcome bit01! :) I hope you´ll get it sorted out.

BTW. You can try to connect a  GND wire between the pc and the DAC as well if you want. It might work better if the ISO Regen somehow disturbes the GND (handskake) signal between the pc and the DAC. If your DAC require 5v as well for handshake you´ll might need to do the same way as I do, ie. have a USB injection into the ISO Regen and turn the ISO off.

🎛️  Audio System  

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, sima66 said:

Adapter is still working in the original way.

Problem is that, when I use in the USB chain, I don't have the 5V coming into the USPCB and that's why I need to ad an external 5V.

Why did you choose to butcher the USPCB when there are perfectly fine USB injection cables around? This Teradak USB power splitter  cable is just one example.

Is it a LT3045 I am spotting in the background? Awesome voltage regulator! ?

5a2acab09a039_teradak-usb-stromkabel_2-600x600(1).thumb.jpg.cdb5d396bb46fdb7c18c8743bfbb4187.jpg

🎛️  Audio System  

27 minutes ago, sima66 said:

I'm trying to avoid as many connections and wires as possible.

This way I have a pure silver wire soldered to USPCB connector and to LT3045.

Cool, only respect for that approach from my point of view! Cutting of unnecessary connections do improve the final result. ?

Since the USPCB is galvanicly isolated it makes things more complicated though. I would love to help you if I knew how to. Are you sure that you've got the connections right? It could be that the chip requires 3,3v and not 5v...but then it might already have been fried. 

I cross my fingers that you get it up and running! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

• 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

I'm sure we'll see your favorite isolation method (GMR) pop up sooner or later. Hopefully sooner?

I have surely found my favorite USB isolation. ISO Regen>Luckit BluWave USB to Spdif. GI on. Isolation/floats/voltage regs in series is a true magic bullet in my (very) isolated setup. Seriesly! ?

🎛️  Audio System