IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

3 hours ago, HookEm said:

BTW,
I wonder if Chris is OK?... He talked about posting an Auralic G2 review back in late December (over six weeks ago!).

Here's hoping Chris is doing well, and have just been busy with 'life'.

I think mentioned an issue, he might be waiting for a firmware update I do believe.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hmartin said:

What functions can you control using the Aries remote when running Roon? Like play, pause, skip  tracks etc etc? Thanks :)

There is no hardware remote.  But you could program a third party remote to control it.  I have an iDevice available at all times don't need a remote.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 hour ago, hmartin said:

Well that is a let-down, I hope Auralic adds an optional remote. Miss sitting in the dark listening, annoying having to light up an Ipad every-time you just want to skip a track.

You can program your own remote to do it as I said.  No need to buy another remote.

https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000394414-What-is-Smart-IR-

6 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

You can program your own remote to do it as I said.  No need to buy another remote.

https://support.auralic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000394414-What-is-Smart-IR-

In fact I programmed my Mcintosh Preamp remote to do everything in the time differences in these 2 posts.

• 1 month later...

I like that they quit hacking UPNP support in and limited it to OpenHome.  Jriver should follow suit.

Personally the Aries G2 has been rock solid stable to my Yggdrasil Analog 2.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Tejo said:

Two things I have yet to test is to go use wifi instead of ethernet and to test if I like Lightning DS – since I read some saying it "sounds" better than Roon on the Aries G2 (even hearing this is some "official" statement from Auralic). The wifi part is easy, if I do feel I distinguish a difference I choose whatever is preferable. Moving away from Roon is not something I want to do though. If Lightning DS does in fact feel superior then I will do some more serious blind test before switching.

https://community.auralic.com/t/aries-g2-vs-vega-g2-streaming-sq/1747/34?u=drtone