IGNORED

SOTM tX-USBultra impressions

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, str-1 said:

A question to those with some experience of taking the board out of the tX-U (for whatever reason), or any similarform SOtM device.  In putting the board back in, how have you secured it to the chassis? 

Looking inside my tX-U I see that the board is held securely in place with blobs of some kind of plastic material.  I am assuming these blobs are no longer usable when the board is removed so I am wondering how best to re-secure the board if I ever had reason to take it out.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

The blobs of plastic material is hot glue, they can be loosened or removed by rubbing alcohal.  To remove the board, you can either carefully loosen the hot glues on the board side by soaking small amount of alcohal, but careful not to loosen them from the case, this way, board can be re-inserted back into the hot glue blobs.  The other way would be remove the hot glues altogether and then re-apply them when boards are put back.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, str-1 said:

Can anyone offer a view on how long it takes to fully run-in a new tX-USBultra with Evox caps?  I’ve got one arriving today.

My experience with Evox caps burn-in is about a week to just over a week; after that I normally can't tell if there are more changes.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, johndoe21ro said:

I was wondering, has any of you tried to shorten the internal (and too long) MCX (male) to BNC (female) cable inside the tX-USBultra instead of replacing it? I have the 75ohm BNC clock input.
Thanks!

FWIW...for the amount of work involved to do it right shorting this cable, it might be worth while to just purchase a new one instead, but on the other hand, for the amount of improvement from shorter cable, the effort might be more justifiable to apply elsewhere...such as Evox cap upgrade.