IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

On 4/3/2017 at 2:07 AM, manisandher said:

OK, shall we try again then?

1. The Yggy has zero-crossing glitching distortion.

58e1e618bde37_3.Yggyvs.Altair1kHz-90.31dBFSundithered.thumb.jpg.4b57dbc36ee6b906694f5bd1e671a1ce.jpg

JA referred to these as "significant errors at the signal's zero-crossing points" [highlight mine]. Perhaps these are inaudible, but perhaps they're not.

2. The Yggy has problems with high level, high frequency tones.

58e1e6ae05548_5.Yggyvs.Altair1920kHz0dBFSinto100kohms.thumb.jpg.dad07347437d6deb4dc2ba966cdca6ab.jpg

I had a quick look at the other DACs Stereophile had reviewed and couldn't find anything anywhere near as bad as this. Do you really think this is going to be inaudible?

3. The Yggy has problems with the LSBs of 24-bit data.

58e1e74f1fed6_2.Yggyvs.Altair1kHz-90dBFSnoise.thumb.jpg.67543a71b96e482b5a1cc7682ea32540.jpg

The 24 bit noise is correlated with the signal, and peaks up above the 16 bit noise at certain points. You don't think this is going to be audible?

So, what are your counter-arguments?

Mani.

The ultimate Schiit hater couldn't resist bringing up measurements that nobody can hear . 

And yet he claims the Yggdrasil isn't good but the Chord 2 qute is great . 

Ive had both for over a year and the Yggdrasil is better to my ears , particularly   

with acoustic music .

13 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Many months ago, another Yggy thread here got "Mola Mola"-ed.  This isn't an issue of "preference", it's a concerted effort to create a significant volume of negative Yggy posts on social media.

Completely true. 

14 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

I am sitting here listening to the Mozart by Candlelight recording now available at chasing the Dragon.co.uk through my Yggy. I was at the performance in the front pew last week at St. Martin in the Field in London. We were almost right under the binaural head. This recording captures all of the magic we experienced that night. Incredible spaciousness, timbre and detail. Mani can post all he wants but this is a stellar DAC. 

Mani is simply a Schiit hater . Like I said earlier in this thread ,the Schiit haters can sniff out the Schiit threads in an instant. 

Yet look at this comments on the Chord 2 qute which I have . He claims its better than the Yggdrasil .

Not to my ears. 

9 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Your arguments with one of the owners of Schiit in an earlier Yggdrasil threas suggest otherwise. 

Ad hominem. (How many times am I going to have to point this out?)

I've just done a quick search for recent Schiit threads here. Let's see how many I've actually posted on, shall we?

WyrdSchiit... Nah

(Too bored with this to continue.)

The evidence suggests you're wrong. But hey, why look at evidence and data formulate conclusions?

Mani.

Your arguments with one of the owners of Schiit Audio in an earlier Yggdrasil thread suggest otherwise. 

You will never be too bored to ridicule the Schiit Yggdrasil . 

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think before pointing fingers at anyone, we must consider their motives for doing anything. 

What does @manisandher have to gain by spending his time talking about a product (good or bad)? Chances are that he is just offering information, much the same as everyone else, to a community who can use and wants such information. 

Whether his info was right or wrong doesn't really matter. He put it out for public consumption and debate. 

Plus, we are all adults. We can read posts and judge their content. If Mani thinks the Yggy sucks, that doesn't make it so. I love e the Yggy. Mani's comments don't diminish my opinions at all. 

MAni has gone out of his way to disparage the Yggdrasil.  This measurement stuff was posted by him a million times before ,wasn't it? 

22 minutes ago, manisandher said:

No. All the graphs I've posted in this thread have never been posted on CA before (to my knowledge). They're only 3 months old.

Mani.

So you posted your own measurements.

I thought you were bored with this thread?  

1 minute ago, Jud said:

Yeah, all us folks who don't hate Mani, we're in on the conspiracy with regular meetings and stuff like that.  'Cause how reasonable could anyone be not to hate the guy who dissed the DAC you own?

All I know is Mani said the Chord 2 Qute was great and better than the Yggy (in Chord 2 qute thread) 

I had both for over a year and I completely disagree. 

So I really don't take much credence is his remarks. 

2 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Are you a bit slow? All the measurements I've posted in this thread are from the Stereophile review of the Yggy, that was published in January this year.

As a result of the review, Stereophile gave the Yggy a class B rating, which I think is about right, based on my time with it.

Mani.

I'm taking about a prior Yggdrasil thread .You were posting your own measurements or someone elses,correct? 

5 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Are you a bit slow? All the measurements I've posted in this thread are from the Stereophile review of the Yggy, that was published in January this year.

As a result of the review, Stereophile gave the Yggy a class B rating, which I think is about right, based on my time with it.

Mani.

And yet he has the Benchmardk dac2 at A+ ,another dac I listened to for over a yer and sold. 

The Yggdrasil was completely superior and the treble harshness of the dac2 was unbearable at times. 

32 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

The issue isn't JA.  The issue is a thread that was started for an audience much closer to Schiit's target demographic being utterly crapped on by someone outside of that demographic trying very hard (for reasons I still don't quite understand) to "educate" everyone about how apparently awful the Yggy is.

Possibly ulterior  motives as Mani is very close to his dac manufacturer . Fact ! 

10 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

This thread has run its course and has veered so far off the original posters intent that it should be closed. I would suggest that Mani start his own thread. On most other forums I post on, this would have been taken care of by the moderator. It is too bad that it has had to go this far off course. 

The thread should be called "Mani hates the Yggy" . Or " Mani can sniff out a Schiit Yggy topic all the way from the U.K " 

12 minutes ago, manisandher said:

One of these days, you're going to say something factually correct, but I'll not hold my breath.

Mani.

So you havent listened to those items. Big damn deal. Your stats mean nothing. You fail to add in other threads like the Chord 2 qute where you compared it to .........drum roll ... the Yggy!

Just now, patagent said:

As a third party observer, I see zeal on Schiit owners as well.  If the concern is- Mani is maliciously bringing down the resale value of the Yggy by spreading false data then I can understand the zeal (somewhat).  The sense I get is- "I hate Mani because he just criticized my perfect firstborn."  

Mani has said the Chord 2 qute is awesome(and I do believe it is very good ) and said it is better than the Yggy. 

I can tell you that I listened to both for over a year and I completely disagree with that assessment as I felt the Yggy was superior in every way. I sold the Chord 2 qute but still liked it.

So based on his comparison of these two dacs , I give little weight to his opinions.  

2 minutes ago, patagent said:

Could it be that you are both right?  That on your system Yggy is superior but in his system the Chord is?  Or that you guys have different different genetic makeup which allows you to hear certain frequencies better/worse?  For example, I can smell a strange odor from my pee after eating asparagus.  Apparently, this is a genetic-based ability that roughly 40% of the population have.  Or maybe you prefer the color blue but he prefers the color red?  What we like or don't like is highly subjective.

I tried them  both on four different systems that I have in my house and each time I felt the Yggy was better. Yeah I agree that dacs can be system dependent though. 

2 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

There was a thread (might have been here) where Moffat acknowledged the glitch.  I seem to recall his response to the person who claimed to have heard it was, "you don't have golden ears, you have platinum ears".

He was responding  to .....drum roll... and this may shock you..... Mani. LOl. I certainly can't hear it. 

25 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm willing to pay to have a Yggy measured by a third party if you have doubts about the measurements. I love the DAC and it helps me realize that certain measurements don't matter to me in my system. 

I like the color red. You like the color blue. Do to this, you give little weight to my opinions. 

I encourage you to not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I give Mani's opinions little weight because I know he is a Schiit hater. 

9 minutes ago, manisandher said:

The evidence suggests you're wrong:

Mani.

But Mani fails to post this comment he made in the Chord 2qute thread: 

I've just bought a 2Qute to play around with. Wow, what a DAC for the money! Being fed from a Paul Hynes PSU, I strongly prefer the 2Qute to the Schiit Yggy I had here a few months ago - it doesn't make my ears bleed like the Yggy did!

But he fails to mention these posts. 

I would have thought some of the treble harshness from Chord dacs might do this!