IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

• 2 weeks later...

The posting editor is not comfortable with Firefox - Javascript perhaps? Just was composing a reply, and trying to correct the text, and Firefox went into a mad frenzy chewing up memory seemingly without limit - the browser was caught in a quicksand; couldn't break the loop; so, finally cleared the page - and Firefox recovered - dumped the memory splurge.

Website or Firefox? ... can't say.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I just noticed that if I, in an almost current Firefox, upvote by mistake, to add to some already made, realise this and remove my vote that then I can't see who's already voted - clicking on the number icon does nothing. I need to refresh that page to restore the functionality of the number of upvotes icon.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ummm, it's getting a bit silly with the Attack of the '?nes - if this is just being used to signal that one disagrees with what the person is saying, when they're too lazy to make a proper reply, then it's not really being used as it should, to my mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

14px is best, with this font - the visual balance of all the various text elements in a post looks 'wrong', 😄, at the moment - as people are saying, there is just too much white space; it throws me every time I look at it.

What I find works very well for me, is the look of this, similar, set of fonts - https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/getting_started/about/history.html

8 minutes ago, Shimei said:

By white spacing are you meaning line-height in CSS?

That's one of the things a lot of people don't address when changing font size. When going smaller in font size the line height needs to be adjusted. And when going bigger the line height needs addressing. If for example someone increases font size there's then not enough space between lines and the word we are reading at the moment kinda blends into all those other words surrounding it. 

The kerning(?), spacing between characters of this font gives the sense of too much white space; as well as taking more screen real estate than necessary - that's how it comes across to me. There's conflict between the look of the fonts, for example, in the Unread Content page - for me, at the moment.