IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The new site uses a responsive design built for desktop, tablet, and mobile. The experience is different on each device. 

As I mentioned earlier, I'm struggling to find a business case to turn Tapatalk on. 

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the Chrome browser on my phone. Doesn't look like a typical mobile site. More like a full size site. Text is small so I have to stretch to expand and move the page to read it.

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

It works fine for me in Chrome on both phone and tablet.

Maybe you have better eyes than me. I'm not crazy about this new format. When I zoom in,  I still see a wide margin on the right side of the screen. 

I've tried CA with a few different browsers now and thought about the issue I'm having with the text. Most browsers render washed out looking text with this new dynamic HTML thing.

I remember in Windows XP, Internet Explorer used a technology called ClearType to improve text rendering. At the time I compared other browsers and felt IE did the best job.

Now that I've tried it again I still think IE renders the text better than other browsers. It's sharper, darker and just easier on the eyes.

• 2 months later...

I don't know what the statistics are for traffic on this site but the new format definitely affects my desire to come here. I've been to this site maybe twice in two months. I still find it difficult to read and don't feel that I'm getting used to it.

The reason I'm here today is because I checked Google news this morning and they've done the same thing. Supposedly they offer a setting so one can go back to the classic view. If they get rid of that option then I'll be looking for another source for my news.

• 1 month later...