IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

How to embed youtube videos without email identification showing?

Hi,

I can embed a youtube video by pasting the "share link" (NOT the embed code option). You get the option of *auto embed* or keep as a hyperlink when pasted into a CA post.

The problem is the "Watch Later" link remains embedded and hovering over this in the completed CA post shows your email address!

I assume that when you hover over the link it will display *your* email address, not mine, but can someone confirm this? It still makes me uneasy seeing my email displaying on a public forum.

I also noticed that the option to paste the share link with the Youtube "embed option" code does not work in CA. Pasting into the forum post just displays the code. The advantage of the "embed option" code on the youtube site is that it has additional controls. Does anyone know how to do this?

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Hi Chris,

it appears to occur on any embedded youtube video. Hover over the "watch later" thing at the top and it displays your email address. My concern is that it may reveal the email of the original poster.Now if everybody just sees their own email (as I would hope) there is no problem.

Still, it would be nice to use the actual embed *code* and be able to modify how videos are displayed.

Enjoy the show!

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 hour ago, rando said:

As I suspected. it shows a link to watch it under your email because you are logged in.  Should you switch to a browser you are not logged into any google account on or log out of your email +clear cookies it removes any trace of your email.  

In brief, you or someone logged into your personal email are the only ones capable of seeing the option to watch it later linked to your account.  

:|

Hi Rando,

I also suspect this to be the case (and if in doubt exercise the workarounds as you described).

I  did look at a video posted by someone else and confirmed that it was *my* email address showing under "Watch Later" so I assume the reciprocal situation applies.

Would you mind looking at this video https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/35143-vibration-air-roller-bearings-thanks-to-barry-warren/?do=findComment&comment=714537

and confirming it shows *your* logged in details?

Cheers

David

Sound Minds Mind Sound

12 hours ago, rando said:

So I went about using 3 other browsers and every step I described in the answer I gave above.  Which should be clear enough reasoning why I will not octuple check again.  

Your problem with Math and reasoning aside, I'll take that as an octuple no. I do though  thank you for your efforts.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 minute ago, PeterSt said:

David, try this : Go to Thailand for a nice vacation, your wife in advance telling you to be keen on Thai massage.

"No no no, of course they don't do the happy ending", is what she is telling you.

Sure.

Hi Peter, you have obviously not met my wife ! If I did that my ending would not be happy :$

Sound Minds Mind Sound

• 5 months later...