IGNORED

Aurender Up Date File Problems

I just updated to the newest Aurender conductor app and it no longer combines files into a single album. I did contact them and this is intentional for some reason. The problem I have is that I have a number of purchased hires albums that for some reason have some individual songs in separate folders in my computer that I use to download and transfer to the Aurender. An example is Neil Diamonds Hot August Nights, each song is actually in it's own folder on my iMac and now when it transfers to the Aurender I get like nineteen different album covers each with 1-2 songs. I would appreciate some help in how to combine these. According to Aurender and the new app this is intentional so I do not anticipate a fix from them.

Thanks,

David

I just updated to the newest Aurender conductor app and it no longer combines files into a single album. I did contact them and this is intentional for some reason. The problem I have is that I have a number of purchased hires albums that for some reason have some individual songs in separate folders in my computer that I use to download and transfer to the Aurender. An example is Neil Diamonds Hot August Nights, each song is actually in it's own folder on my iMac and now when it transfers to the Aurender I get like nineteen different album covers each with 1-2 songs. I would appreciate some help in how to combine these. According to Aurender and the new app this is intentional so I do not anticipate a fix from them.

Thanks,

David

seems like you need to organize your files on the imac. go onto the imac and move the files into a logical folder structure. i use file type (dsd, 24 bit, 16 bit) > artist > album.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

they are organized, very much so. Over 1500 titles. But for reasons that I do not know a few albums will not keep all tracks in the same file and have sub files for a few tracks. It is these unintended sub files that are the problem on a few of the albums. When I move them to new folder structures the sub files remain as sub files and the new Aurender software cannot recognize this as one album.

I actually ran into this last night on a few Tidal files.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

What the h*ll is wrong with Aurender???? How on earth can they change this? I haven't seen thus earlier, but as you say after the upgrade, all my albums consisting of two discs for example are now split into two entries in the album view even though they have the exact same album name in the ALBUM-tag.

Did they give you any explanation why they would change this???

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II

they are organized, very much so. Over 1500 titles. But for reasons that I do not know a few albums will not keep all tracks in the same file and have sub files for a few tracks. It is these unintended sub files that are the problem on a few of the albums. When I move them to new folder structures the sub files remain as sub files and the new Aurender software cannot recognize this as one album.

When you say "sub files" are you referring to folders?

One way software groups albums (just one algorithm, and I'm speculating this is what Conductor is doing) is by using the folder structure to influence what makes up an album and what doesn't.

It might be if you store the files in the same folder, and have the album name the same, the files will be grouped. You may also need to perform some sort of "rescan" process on the Conductor app so it re-indexes the files.

One cause of this is iTunes which also commonly suffers from split album problems and, combined with the "keep my files organized" option, will mean your files get split up in this way.

bliss - fully automated music organizer. Read the music library management blog.

Before the update it was enough that the ALBUM-tag was identical to have files grouped into one album, but after the latest update files need to have identical ALBUM-tags AND be located in the same folder.

What annoys me is that they didn't simply implemented a simple switch in the scanner setting to keep the existing behaviour or to have the new one - how hard can it be? I have probably spent 10-15 hours now renaming *) and merging all my files in multi-disc albums, just to recreate the look and feel I used to have.

The reason I also have to rename the files is that I want to be able to identify what file belongs to what disc from a directory perspective and keep them sorted correctly. Previous structure:

Album ->Pink Floyd ->

(1979) The Wall ->

CD1 ->

01 - Title 1

02 - Title 2...

CD2 ->

01 - Title 1

01 - Title 2...

New structure to comply with Aurender's album view:

Album ->Pink Floyd ->

(1979) The Wall ->

1-01 - Title 1

1-02 - Title 2...

2-01 - Title 1

2-01 - Title 2...

CD/SACD: Krell Evolution 505, Vinyl: Spiral Groove 1.2/Spiral Groove Centroid/Clearaudio Stradivari V2, Phono Stage: Audio Reseach Reference Phono 2, Music Servers/Streamers: Aurender S10/Intel Nuc with Roon Rock, DAC: PS Audio Direct Stream DAC w. Bridge II, Preamp: Audio Reseach Reference 5 SE, Poweramp: Audio Research Reference 75, Speakers: Wilson Audio Sophia II