IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Hi Damien

Again ready and really willing to test Beta..........

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Hello

Not sure if anyone had brought this up before. I use 3.0.1. I have not removed 2.6.6 but do not run both at the same time.

1) If i use custom option in forced upsampling, all the setup i make is changed to 384kHz when i switch the force up sampling setting. Basically it does not hold the custom setting i make and changes back to 384kHz.

2) For whatever reason the volume drops slightly if i go from any of the forced upsamling setting to DSD one.

As for the sound, I found 3.0.1 sound better than 2.6.6 but I found that standard oversampling now sounds better than DSD one. Just better reverb and attack than DSD and the sound is more specious.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

I only see the Masters category on my desktop Mac. No iPad or iPhone

No issues with iPhone or iPad.

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Anyone having problems with the system optimizer in A+ 3.x.x.x? When I enable it, regardless of the options selected, the program never finishes setting up the optimizer. Heck, I don't even know if it starts. All I know is that I have to turn the option off to play music.

I don't see this issue.

I turned it on and off and was able to play music without any issues. I have mine set at extreme with all the boxes checked.

I tried that but no change. No masters category on anything but desktop app

Interesting here is mine on my iPhone 6s.

IMG_0069.JPG

Huh, mine definitely does not look like that. Interesting for sure

Can you send a screen shot of yours? That would probably help Damien to resolve the issue.

Can you send a screen shot of yours? That would probably help Damien to resolve the issue.

Here is iPad (very old one actually)

IMG_0001.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Well I am not with it tonight. I was in the Tidal app instead of the A+ app. Lol It is there. It dawned on me after I looked at your screenshot

:)

One less thing for Damien to fix.

Hi

Still not sure but listening to some more music today I think I am liking DSD upsampling better (upsampled to DSD128) than standard upsampling now (was doing power of 2). Just a lot cleaner, fuller and less noisy. Some of the reverb is gone but I think it is better this way.

In any case, A+ is one magical software and sounds good no matter what setting you use.

Thanks Damien for your great work.

If i use custom option in forced upsampling, all the setup i make is changed to 384kHz when i switch the force up sampling setting. Basically it does not hold the custom setting i make and changes back to 384kHz.

Hello Damien

This issue still exists in 3.02.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I have had this issue since 2.5.
Usually when I start listening to music using A+, I get a 1-5 sec dropout during the first few songs I play.  A+ does it once or twice and then never do it again. 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

• 6 months later...

Hello Damien
When will you work on the A+ remote?  It is really getting outdated now.
I would really appreciate it if you could get it closer to what you have on the computer software.

Thanks 

Maziar

19 hours ago, Charente said:

I would have to respectfully disagree. A remote is simply a controller for music playback. IMO it fulfils that role.

I respectfully disagree with you as well.  

Do you use Tidal? 

If no, then I can agree that the app is almost there for the music you have on your computer or network drives, but it really doe snot work with Tidal and I listen to Tidal more than my own music.

Let me give you some examples:

Lets say I am listening to a soundtrack and I like a song from an artist on that soundtrack and like to explore and see what other music that artist has.  There is no way for me to just jump to that artist from that album unless I use the search.

Or I like an artist and like to listen to top songs from that artist.  No way of doing that.

How about an artist radio on Tidal.

Basically we have Tidal integration and the app should be as close to the tidal app so that we can use all that is available on Tidal and at this moment it is really not there.

So here is the question for Damian again

When will you update the A+ remote app.  I will gladly pay for a new app as long as the app is doing what Tidal app is doing.  People who are happy with the existing app can easily decide not to upgrade.

• 9 months later...

Hello

i just join Qobuz free trial in USA and it’s extremely slow when loading or searching in Audirvana.  I leave in MA and have Verizon Fios so my internet is not slow.

Does anyone know why?

Am I missing any setting in my computer? 

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Damien

I stream through microRendu connected to a Chord Mojo.  

Every time I upsample any song over 384KHz or DSD 128 I hear a high pitch sound from speakers/headphone if playback is stopped (almost like a high pitch whistle).  The issue goes away if I resume playback or turn off Mojo. 

Is there anyways to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:07 PM, mazuly said:

Hello Damien

I stream through microRendu connected to a Chord Mojo.  

Every time I upsample any song over 384KHz or DSD 128 I hear a high pitch sound from speakers/headphone if playback is stopped (almost like a high pitch whistle).  The issue goes away if I resume playback or turn off Mojo. 

Is there anyways to fix this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Hello @damien78

Any feedback on this?

ghanks for your help.

Thanks @damien78.  Chord does not have any update for the Mojo.  I will contact them and see what they will say.  

By the way there is no issue if I connect Mojo directly to my computer.  It only happens when I stream through microRendu.

Can anyone else on this form with Mojo and microRendu check this to see if they see the same issue?

Thanks.

@damien78

Damien

Please, please, please add the following to the remote:

1) From album view please add an option so that we can add a song to a playlist

2) From album view please add an option so that we can jump to the artist or that album specially if that song is in a various artist album

I use microRendu and my computer is in the bedroom.  Every time I want to do above, I need to go to my bedroom, turn my TV on and do this tasks and then come back to living room.  I am sure you like us to excersize, so I promise I go for a 8000 step walk everyday if you add these functions.

Thank you very much.

10 hours ago, Taz777 said:

Total newbie question as I'm looking at audiophile music players for my Mac: will Audirvana work with my iTunes music library? I saw from one their videos that it seems to import other music libraries and this would mean that I'd end up with two copies of the same music.

Also, does it control the Mac's USB interface dynamically to send the music at the original depth and sampling rate of the recording, rather than at the rate set in the MIDI settings?

Hello 

It does not.  It just uses your iTunes folder that you have all your files at.  It does not copy them somewhere else.

It also changes the sample frequency automatically based on your original file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 3:25 AM, Taz777 said:

A question about Audirvana Plus 3: with such a software player, is an external DAC really required?

If I'm using it in iTunes integrated mode on my computer and just using the headphone out on my computer to listen via headphones/active speakers, what real benefit would a DAC make?

I've got A+ configured to use the SoX audio filter. As I understand things, SoX is a set of audio filtering libraries that process the digital music files. Is A+ simply producing a new digital bitstream that is cleaner or is it doing the digital to analogue conversion too? If the latter then it kind of makes a DAC redundant, I think.

In summary, is a software player like A+ doing all the work of a DAC or only part of the work?

You probably get better sound with an external DAC.  Your computer is the DAC now.  A+ is basically sending a clean bit perfect digital signal to you computer sound card which is changing it to analog signal for your active speakers.

A+ job is to find the best path in your computer to a DAC, clean the signal and apply the filters to the digital signal to make it read for a DAC to change it to analog signal.  It is also a player and renderer if you prefer to stream the music to a DAC but it is not a DAC (now let’s count the times I said DAC in the post)