IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Hi,anybody got a MQA DAC?my Mytek Brooklyn DAC isn't recognised in Audirvana 3 settings for MQA and DSD.

I set native DSD to "DSD over PCM standard 1.1" and the DAC displays DSD fine.

But there isn't any difference which MQA setting I select in settings, the top right constantly displays "FLAC MQA 24/96 kHz" with blue light on for each setting, decoder, renderer or not MQA device.

But top left displays DAC 32/48kHz when "MQA decoder device"is selected. But DAC 32/96kHz when renderer or not MQA device is selected.

My Brooklyn DAC displays 24/96 and blue light lit on all 3 MQA settings in Audirvana.

With very little knowledge of what's what with Audirvana 3, it seems to me that Audirvana is telling me that it is decoding the MQA file, but my Brooklyn DAC is saying the exact same thing?

Anybody have any ideas or experience with this so far?Anybody else with a MQA decoding DAC getting the message "no MQA device detected" in settings?

The flac MQA files are on my Mac Mini and not streamed.

Hi johnwilk,

I see you have the same DAC as me, Mytek Brooklyn.

In the audio system settings of Audirvana 3 it says "no MQA device detected" and doesn't automatically detect DSD function of the Brooklyn either.

Do you have the same?

I have to manually select "DSD over PCM standard 1.1" and "MQA decoder device".

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone on the thread

I have been a fan of Amarra for many years, but now I have become very frustrated at the poor quality function of the latest audio players.

After purchasing Audirvana  I have been pleasantly surprised at it sound quality, after doing a few lessons between Audirvana and Amarra Luxe  I find Audirvana  slightly more detailed and Amarra Luxe warmer but no more detailed. Luckily I don't get the harshness that other others have mentioned they've Felt with Audirvana.

Anyway, can anybody direct me towards any way I can get IRC working in Audirvana?

In my opinion and experience  correcting for room acoustics makes a big difference in clarity. As I am now at the end of my tether with poor functioning A4 Luxe  I was just wondering if anybody knew if there is a way of implementing room correction software in Audirvana?

10 hours ago, jan_gustafsson said:

Hello!

I have experience from both of the topics that you bring up. Concerning Amarra, I have been using it for some time, constantly noticing and irritated by software bugs. Great SQ, though. I finally lost my patience with Amarra with the release of Amarra 4, which still did not handle my metadata correctly. Being impressed by the possibilities of MQA and noticing that Audirvana Plus supports it, while Amarra still does not, I purchased Audirvana Plus some months ago. I must say am happy both with the SQ, functionality and support that comes with Audirvana Plus. Everything works as expected, except Direct Mode, but that is Apple's fault...

Then about IRC: instead of SW solutions, I use the Anti-Mode 8033 Automatic Subwoofer Equalizer (see http://www.dspeaker.com/en/products/anti-mode-8033.shtml) since a few years and am very happy with it. 

Has anybody tried Amarra SQ+ With Audirvana?

I was wondering if you could use Amarra SQ as an audio unit in Audirvana?