IGNORED

Iso regen

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, SWL3600 said:

The other day, I went back to my original setup before I got into computer audio. Tube cd player into preamp-->amp. This was awesome sound, I loved it back then. That was then.....

Now, it sounded downright lame since coming from the Regen/LPS-1, full loom of Regen-Links and the IFI Micro-link USB-Spdif converter.

To be fair, I put in a very well recorded cd and listened to the whole thing. By the third song I started to get used to the sound but it never got much better.

Went back to listening to WAV, FLAC and even 320kbps files. The sound is like 'HD' in comparison. I really couldn't believe it. Even Spotify for crying out loud sounded better.

Using Uptone's products in addition to using EQ in the digital realm has really been a game changer. I don't miss vinyl at all. Not at all. (Well, maybe a little.....nostalgia, ya know.):)

Now if this ISO Regen is even better I may never leave the house.:D

:D

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

1 hour ago, JohnSwenson said:

There seem to be two aspects of USB interface that affect SQ, signal integrity and leakage loops. A microRendu and LPS-1 block leakage loops, so that aspect of the ISO REGEN will not add improvement, BUT the SI of the ISO REGEN is better than the microRendu.

So there is a fairly good probability that if you use separate LPS-1s to power both you will have improved SQ. Other configurations are not so sure. For example you could power the microRendu by some other supply and use the LPS-1 on the ISO REGEN, or use the same LPS-1 for both (using a Y cable on the output of the LPS-1). These MAY provide better SQ or not, it is very hard to tell. Neither Alex nor me have tried all possible combinations and even if we had, there is no guarantee it would behave the same in your system.

John S

Hi John,

I have a Microrendu with LPS-1 and was targeting the ISO REGEN to complement my actual setup, i believe it is important for us with the same mR/LPS-1 to know if adding the ISO REGEN would make the connection between the 3 components even better.

Please do try this combination to let us know if adding the ISO to the mR/LPS-1 combo would better SQ

Thanks!

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26