IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

You would not want to make a more affordable version of HQPe for the Pi, in which you can use the generated filters (Rephase, REW) + time delays and output it all to UPnP devices such as BBBs and the like. Without a huge selection of dithers and resamplers.
IMHO among fans of car audio and per-channel home systems, this version would become very popular))
I would very much like to.

It seems to me that with the available version of HQPe, your income will clearly be better and sales will cover the lower price.
IMHO 40-50 dollars will go more or less.

@Miska, I understand correctly that a bunch can theoretically work. HQPE is installed on Pi4. BubbleUPnP to PI4 (HQPE) processes stereo in a 4-8 band stream DSP to UPnP (MPD) receiver or NAA receiver (BBB or Pi3-4) and then multichannel DAC. It turns out PI4 with HQPE installed on it can work as a separate audio render with DSP processing.

43 minutes ago, Miska said:

How much you can do on Pi4 depends on what exactly you are trying to do. It just about manages upsampling to stereo DSD64 with lighter settings. So if your goal is to output to DSC DAC, you will have some hard time running the modulators.

I just need a bundle to install a DSP in a car without being tied to a PC (x86)
Which will basically receive 44.100 over UPnP from BubbleUPnP / HI-FI Cast / MConnect and other applications and send to Pi4 (as I understand it is more productive than Pi3 when working with HQPE) with HQPE installed on it (which, in turn, will share stereo for 4-8 channels with DSP processing (LPF, HPF convolution, time delays)), then the processed channels on PURE with NAA and through a multichannel reclocker from Pavel to a multichannel PCM DAC. In theory, such a bundle should work.
DSD is not needed

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Is there anyone running HQPE on Pi4? Can I roughly find out how much RAM HQPE for Pi4 will consume by running HQP for win and enabling the same conversion mode as in HQPE for pi4? I just choose to buy a Pi4 with 4gb RAM or 2 Gb. On PI, you will need to receive stereo via UPnP, break high, low frequencies + delays using filters.

• 2 months later...

Miska, подскажите пожалуйста, если вы используете HQP OS, то на нее дополнительно ничего нельзя поставить, так что можно использовать, например, и hqpe и минимальный сервер на одном устройстве

Add support for raw IIR biquad EQ in the new version, can you find out what it is and how to use it?  what are the benefits?  I would also like to clarify whether in the future mute will be implemented for each channel separately, this is useful when you configure the system per channel, for example, quickly turn off the buzzer in order to listen and tune the Midbass.  If there is an equalizer and setting for a multichannel, then IMHO mute is an integral feature when setting up the system.

3 hours ago, Traktorist3d said:

Miska, подскажите пожалуйста, если вы используете HQP OS, то на нее дополнительно ничего нельзя поставить, так что можно использовать, например, и hqpe и минимальный сервер на одном устройстве

Sorry for the text not in common language. Miska, tell me please, if you are using HQP OS, then nothing else can be installed on it, so you can use, for example, both hqpe and a minimal server on one device

Miska, a few more important questions:
1. Decreasing the volume for each channel, preserves data integrity? Is this not the same as digitally adjusting the volume when bits are subtracted and some of the data is lost? Can I use it without worry, or is it better to be controlled by an analog amplifier?
2. If I buy a license for HQPEmb, will it work for both the x86 version and the Pi version?
3. Is it necessary to apply DIZERING when changing the frequency of discrimination from 44.100 to 192.000?
4.I wonder if the Pi4 version of HQPE will work on the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4. I would like to connect a sound card to the PCIEx single board. There is an expansion card with PCIEx, the link on the resource indicates that the sound works fully. So I wonder if HQPE will see a sound card for PI4 PCIEx.
HQPE for x86 sees my ASUS Xpnar d2x without issue.

Raspberry-Pi-4-BCM2711 (1).jpg

Raspberry-Pi-4-BCM2711.jpg

Raspberry-Pi-Compute-Module-4-Raspberry-Pi-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I found that HQPE reduces the output level of directly connected devices. I tried to connect both a USB sound card and PCIex, in both cases the volume is clearly lower than it should be, if you connect via a "pad" for example BBB + Pure firmware to which the Asus U7 card is connected via USB, then the volume is normal. Please advise what is wrong and why?

12 hours ago, Miska said:

Normal level is -3 dBFS which is a bit lower and is just enough to avoid inter-sample overs. If it's more, then likely those devices have a hardware volume control and you need to adjust it to 0 dBFS through "alsamixer" first and then you can store it with "alsactl store".

At 0dB in all HQPE fields, the sound volume is significantly lower than when connected via an endpoint. Obviously not -3 dB.

"adjust it to 0 dBFS through "alsamixer" first and then you can store it with "alsactl store."" - How to do it?

Or how to check in HQPE that the volume in ALSA is set to 0 dB?

On 6/30/2022 at 8:15 AM, Miska said:

If you are using HQPlayer OS, login as "root". You are already root, no need to use sudo.

Then run "aplay -l" to list all playback devices. Take note of the "card number" for your DAC.

Run "alsamixer -c N" where N is number of your "card". You get a text mode interface where you can adjust mixer settings. Using arrow keys and such.

Once done, hit Esc to exit. Then store the settings for future restarts using "alsactl store".

It really did. Thanks a lot.
Another question, adjusting the volume in HQPE does not affect the sound quality in any way?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone, please tell me, can anyone come across or just have thoughts on my "important" questions:
1. For HQPE to process as DSP 8 channels, from 2 stereo to 8 channels per channel with filters for tweeters, mid-range radiators, mid-bass and subwoofer (filters generated in Rephase + time delays), from PCM to PCM. I understand correctly that I don’t need a very powerful PC, I need a miniature one for installation in a car, I found a convenient and inexpensive option based on Ryzen 5300U or 4300U, or maybe a little more expensive 4500U. In theory, it should pull, while it supports avx2.
2. Perhaps someone has an idea how to deal with or solve the problem with the delay in the start of playback when applying to a UPnP HQPE receiver to watch video. Preferably from an Android device, perhaps someone knows a player in which you can set the video delay relative to the sound. Ideally, of course, I would like youtube and movie players to work correctly, but as I understand it, this problem cannot be solved? How then do people make home theaters with HQPE?

Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Miska said:

I think your best option is Ryzen 7 6800U or the older Ryzen 7 5825U.

I have not yet seen portable boards based on such processors, consumption still matters here, it is desirable that the PC does not discharge the battery in the car almost immediately. Miska, It turns out that it is desirable physical cores? HT not taken into account?

4 hours ago, Miska said:

Mostly depends on how heavy your cross-over/correction filters are.

Does the severity of filters mean their type IIR or FIR and the number of taps for them?

I always wanted to ask you, what are the optimal settings in Rephase for making filters for HQP?
1. taps is the main parameter that affects the correctness of the filter construction, while the lower the cutoff frequency, the more taps are needed to obtain the desired curve.
2. FFT length should be changed?
3. Centering, windowing, optimization can be left untouched?
4. rate - as far as I understand, we do it with a margin, if the output is maximum 192, then select 384 rate?
5. Which format is the best to use for more accurate signal processing? I just know that it is necessary to use mono.

Rephase.JPG

Rephase2.JPG

@Miska , in HQPE there is an input function but in a separate tab, it's strange that it's not the same as in the version for the HQP Desktop ... The list shows USB audio and Mutec devices, are these devices from which you can send a signal to HQPE instead of UPnP? Do you have in mind a device with a low price for stereo sound input? Or toslink to USB or ADC to USB? In this case, the delay will be clearly lower than when receiving via UPnP? And will it be possible to use HQPE when watching a video?

1 hour ago, jvvita said:

If you are talking about USB USBStreamer from MiniDSP, I thought it was in the input list in HQPE. But there are questions:
1. what will be the delay when using this method, let's say HQPE will work in DSP PCM to PCM mode, and filters with a minimum delay measured in milliseconds will be used, it's not bad.
2. How would this be consistent with alternately using USB Input or UPnP Input? If, when a signal is applied from one of the sources, it will play muffling the other, it would be great, but if each time you have to manually select USB Input via the web interface, this will be extremely inconvenient. Too bad the USB Streamer is not cheap (in my case) to try out its behavior.