IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

7 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, Embedded 4.11.1 matches Desktop 4.1.0. Main point of the release was to bring Embedded in turn on the same level as Desktop.

Apologies for this ultimate beginner‘s question but what is the basic difference between the embedded and desktop version? (Linux and I  exist in 2 different dimensions)

My guess is that embedded is command prompt only versus gui, correct? ☺️

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

I have a couple HQP Embedded machines. On one of them, I need a different OS so that I can run both Roon alongside HQP on the same machine (and some other stuff I do in Linux). I run Debian on that machine.

On the other, I run just Jussi's USB bootable OS. There are some on other threads claiming better SQ with Audio Linux so you'd have to ask them... I've tried it and prefer Jussi's USB bootable HQP OS myself.

I am curious as to why you would run Roon (as an end point or core) and HQPLAYERD on the same machine?

2 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

So that I don't need to buy another separate machine for Roon Core...

Thanks, and here comes my last question (not wanting to go off topic): Any performance issues with that setup? I am asking because I want to modify my current signal chain and would like to consider all alternatives.  

• 2 months later...