IGNORED

Network Audio Player Advice

Lumin D1? Maybe a stretch for the budget, but worth it IMO.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Aside from slightly over the budget, this is exactly what I'm after!!! It does lack a volume knob, but I'm happy to use the software volume control to have such a wonderful device. Unless something similar can be found for less, this is it. A big thanks to you, sir!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair

Lumin D1? Maybe a stretch for the budget, but worth it IMO.

I found a D1 replacement for less. Cambridge Audio's CXN does everything the Lumin does and is very highly regarded by what hi*fi. It even includes wifi, though I won't use it.

Win10 Sweetwater recording studio PC running JRMC > Soundcraft Ui24r 24-track digital mixer > JBL LSR308 via Magomi Balanced XLR cable pair

I think every product Cambridge Audio has ever made has been highly regarded - it might not be the very best for you at its price point, but you likely won't go wrong with it.

Agree. Cambridge Audio products are well thought out, and we'll regarded at their price points.

As I rider to that, it might be worth trying to audition a CXN against the 'competition' to assess sound quality. It might have all the features you need, but it also has to sound right too.

The only reason I mention this, is from my experience moving from Denon integrated streamers, to the Lumin. I too upgraded to a Lumin for usability factors rather than anything else. I honestly believed that they all 'sounded the same', and that I wouldn't be able to appreciate a massive difference in SQ between different streamers. How wrong I was! I now realise that the Lumin is a 'true' audiophile streamer, and it sounds absolutely sublime. As a result, I now get much more enjoyment from files on my NAS, Qobuz etc.

I think every product Cambridge Audio has ever made has been highly regarded - it might not be the very best for you at its price point, but you likely won't go wrong with it.
Agree. Cambridge Audio products are well thought out, and we'll regarded at their price points.

As I rider to that, it might be worth trying to audition a CXN against the 'competition' to assess sound quality. It might have all the features you need, but it also has to sound right too.

The only reason I mention this, is from my experience moving from Denon integrated streamers, to the Lumin. I too upgraded to a Lumin for usability factors rather than anything else. I honestly believed that they all 'sounded the same', and that I wouldn't be able to appreciate a massive difference in SQ between different streamers. How wrong I was! I now realise that the Lumin is a 'true' audiophile streamer, and it sounds absolutely sublime. As a result, I now get much more enjoyment from files on my NAS, Qobuz etc.

I'll audition them both if possible. Los Angeles is a 45 minute drive without traffic, and there's always traffic.

6Moons published a rave "syndicated review translated from Poland" of the Lumin D1 here, and an audiophile blogger gave it a positive review comparing it to Auralic's Aries here. No comparisons to the newer (and $900 cheaper) Cambridge were found.

Aside from slightly over the budget, this is exactly what I'm after!!! It does lack a volume knob, but I'm happy to use the software volume control to have such a wonderful device. Unless something similar can be found for less, this is it. A big thanks to you, sir!

AURALiC Altair has the same features plus a volume knob. Plus you can add an internal drive if you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I'll audition them both if possible. Los Angeles is a 45 minute drive without traffic, and there's always traffic.

6Moons published a rave "syndicated review translated from Poland" of the Lumin D1 here, and an audiophile blogger gave it a positive review comparing it to Auralic's Aries here. No comparisons to the newer (and $900 cheaper) Cambridge were found.

Careful about the Lumin... its more likely to make you spend additional money upgrading the rest of your system ;<)

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Careful about the Lumin... its more likely to make you spend additional money upgrading the rest of your system ;<)

Yup. It is simply the best digital source I have EVER bought :-)

BUT, I DON'T want to audition either an A1 or an S1. GOD HELP ME if I ever do... lol