On 8/24/2017 at 6:39 AM, tapatrick said:

Cool @Cornan hard to resist indeed. There are a lot of new devices coming out but Lucians bang for buck is not marginal with a little diy. I think the Bluewave is currently 89 euros. 

Look up the LT3045s too..:)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252951737282?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=43781&meid=f8eded7f86594674948db0bc9c6e0398&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=121987220134&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_mwBanner=1

Anyone know the size of the terminal 2 post block for this chip?

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

38 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Sorry, no idea! Maybe @tapatrick could tell you when he is back from his holiday? ?

I ordered my BluWave with 2 post terminal blocks on DC and Spdif output from Lucian, but I never asked for a specific size. I just asked for one that fits! ?

Thanks Cornan.  Hopefully someone will chime in.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

I would, but Alexey is out of town for a bit apparently.  I'll shoot him a pm about the block.

I wonder if wrapping our Canare cable's with tinned copper sleeving will equal the shielding from Ghent?

Strange, On a side note, John helped me make some long non bal interconnects using 4S6, and suggested also using a drain wire, but told me not to connect to shield of the Canare.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Just came out of a performance of Koyaanisqatsi with live score by GoGo Penguin. Stunning! 

@Forehaven If the pins are for an LT3045 board then yes, but it depends which way it is soldered to the board. Hopefully you can see in this image. I don’t use the grounds myself and make sure the bridge is on the correct  side of the 3 pin block to allow the board to function.

IMG_3648.thumb.JPG.f6a643212309b305ed75bc48e2e07033.JPG

Crazy and lovely film I just watched a bit on youtube, Thanks for mentioning Koyaanisquatsi.

And Thanks for the pic tapatrick.  And saying not using the ground mean you didn't solder that pin to the pcb?  This is also an in parallel setup correct?  I hate to ask, but do you have a pic of the other side of the pcb? Looks like you soldered connections on the back side exc. a couple of joints...so just need to know exactly where to solder.

Obvious to all I'm sure, this is my first time trying a project like this so I appreciate the help!

tapatrick, if I wanted to do parallel as well for this:

For the ISO Regen,

- Dc Y-cable leg 1 to 6 volt LDO between lps-1 and Regen

- Dc Y-cable leg 2 to  5 volt LDO using idefender power input with idefender stuck in Regen output side

For SU-1

- 5  volt LDO to SU-1

Then should I just get another 2 5v and 1 6v to do  a parallel setup?

1 hour ago, tapatrick said:

Hi @Forehaven Yes, to parallel the boards that sounds right. Curious why you want to parallel them? I understand this gives even more noise reduction to an already ultra low profile but if you need more current then parallel is way to go.

You probably picked up that I run them in series ie 7.5v into a 5v (both 500mA) with same configuration into my Aqvox switch but with 1 amp boards. This maximises the noise reduction to amazing effect.

...by the way just listening to my new Bluewave USB to SPDIF powered by LT3045s, after a few hours it has opening up and is quite awesome, incredible timing and precision, clean, open and pure sounding...

So cool to hear your new sound with the Bluewave and LT3045s.  I'm looking forward to implementing these chip boards.  I may have to wait as I'm sporting a cool Cubby Blue ;) colored cast for a broken r. arm.  Ugh...

But yes, to decrease noise.  I need to learn more about all this lol  I admittedly still am not clear how the 1 amp boards can be used in so many ways.  So Thanks for the help tapatrick!!

8 hours ago, tapatrick said:

@Forehaven did you know that the 1amp boards already have 2 LT3045s in parallel already. Unless your devices need extra current I’d run them in series. I have 8v from Teradak DC30 running into 7.5 > 5v boards.  Have fun and sorry to hear about the arm. Ouch!

Thanks tapatrick for he empathy;)  

I understand a bit more.  But to run in series, do i have use sl larger voltages in the other boards?  You used 8 to7.5 to 5.  Can i use 5 to 5v?

2 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Yes you need at very least 260mv. dropdown. I try to keep to 1-2 volts depending on the boards supplied by Alexey. 

Oh shit, i already ordered two more 5's and one more 6.  I may now have to sell two 5v boards.  I jumped the gun thinking I knew what I was doing...lol

I'll just do as you guys are doing and use a serial connection. So is this correct:  for say this 12vdc ps, I'd get say a 15v to 12v, or even 15v to 13.5 to 12?  As long as it's 260mvdc step up per regulator right?

And as such, I could use a 6v to 5vdc in series for say my SU1 at 5v?  But for Isoreg I'll need something like 8.5 to 6?

6 hours ago, tapatrick said:

I've run my Iso Regen on 7.5v and 5v (through LT3045 boards) fed by 8v from Teradak PSU but I am using USB 5v power too. I tried adding clean USB power too a while back but it didn't work first try so I abandoned that route. To be honest I don't think this would make a difference as I have a good source from my Antipodes DXe and the way things are sounding now with 2 levels of isolation through the Iso Regen followed by the Bluewave I'm not so bothered to pursue that avenue.

I had another session listening late into the night, the sound with the Bluewave fed by LT3045s is spectacular to me. Voices have incredibly realistic nuances and inflections. Soundstage is deeper and wider, leaving the speakers and floating, details are multiplied, with increased air and transparency. Very pure sounding and sweeter... the realism is uncanny 

Didnt you mean 9v?  http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-TeraDak-DC-30W-TOUCH-DC9V-2A-Hi-Fi-For-Audio-Linear-Power-Supply-/130906580297?hash=item1e7aa3e549:g:5UoAAOxyo4lRjkus

I didnt see one at 8v

Cornan,  i’ve taken my transformer apart this morning to disconnect the secondary ground. However, the neutral became unplugged. The black wire. I’m not sure if it goes in the 10X or 11X next spot. Can you tell me which option the black wire goes back into the block? 

37A2249B-07E0-49EE-979F-0E9F21C3DE93.jpeg

And, there's room to add another outlet, can I simply add the outlet, and use the same power wires to both outlets?

And if it buzzes, try spray poly onto the iron core and not windings right?

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Sorry, I think I misread your question. If you are looking to re-introduce the neutral black wire it is most likely X10. X11 is likely for floating/grounding the secondary. Anyhow, wait for someone with better insight to tell you a definitive answer.

Thanks that was it.   Anyone know of any isol boxes for these isol trans?  Otherwise, this is out of here as I can't stand the buzz, albeit small.

34 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Hi Forehaven, I've adjusted mine internally to make it less dropdown for the LT 3045 boards...

Is this a matter of pin jumpers?  Does ps output need to equal the first regulator/ boards vdc output?  Like a 8.5 vdc board be supplied with a 8.5-9vdc ps?

I game to rewire if I know the right way to do it.  I'm comfortable working w. elec, but limited knowledge on this topic.

You said earlier:  With my ISO Regen I will set my power supply to 9v and use two LT3045's in series with step-down 8v>7v.

So same question, what should be the ps voltage to the first LT3045?  1 V difference?

Perfect.  Thanks. What threw me was seeing tapatricks 7.2 to 5 v pic for his switch .

19 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Which country you in with the transformer?

US

40 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

Perfect.  Thanks. What threw me was seeing tapatricks 7.2 to 5 v pic for his switch .

I'm still not sure why though he used 2.2v extra vs. you only 1v?

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Not sure either. I wanted to keep my voltage drop as low as possible to keep the LT3045's cooler. 

Agreed, I thought there might be a heat issue as well.

I'll get you the photos.  Here's what I have:

High Isolation Transformer                                              

• Used
  • Elgar
  • Model No. HIT 1.0.001R
  • Pri. Volts 120
  • Rating 1.0 KVA
  • Freq. 50/60Hz
  • EFF.CAP≤.001R pfd