IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Wow, so may pages...All I can say is I use my ears. I like the Tidall MQA Masters better than the sound I get from Spotify or Apple. So if I am going to use digital music besides using my Denon CD player and Dual CS 5000 turntable, Tidal is what sounds best clearly out of the 3. Yeah there are other music streaming services out there but for me it works and Im happy with it. Not always, but for about 90% of the time I am happy. I looked at Deezer but I like the way Tidal looks, operates and they have more music.

What do you guys listen to for streaming services if you don't like Tidal and want quality music. It seems all streaming services have filters and add some type of spatial effect to the music.

I like Tidal...plain and simple.  I know the problems people have with it but I like the results it provides. With a better workflow and finding things easier plus nice recommendations it's what works for me. I am hopeful Spotify will provide the higher sample rates and perhaps not put the Dolby atmos on their music but I know they are focusing on the larger market and  not audiophile users as much.

I will give Qobuz a try but right now it has a lot less music compared to Tidal. It has to develop more. A lot of artsit they don't have a picture of the band or artist but just the name with a black and white generic image. Maybe in w years they will be better. But they also need the financial backing to compete. 

Ok thank you for your response. For my current situation however,  Tidal is the best streaming service as it sounds better than Spotify and I don't need to buy Roon to play it. I can play Tidal directly through my NAD preamp or through BluOs. I currently am trying to play Qobuz through BluOs but am having log in issues right now.

I got Qobuz going on my NAD preamp and Focal Aria speakers. I found some songs sound better than Tidal,  Tidal sounding better Qobuz and some sound too similar to say which one is better.

1. The Beatles remixed Let it Be album. Get Back sound great on both. 

2. Rolling Stones Tatto you: Start me Up. Tidal sounded better. There was a slight edge on the snare drum on Qobuz. 

3. Donald Fagen Nightfly IGY. Tidal is warmer and louder. The CD is closer to Qobuz which sounds better than Tidal.

4. Rolling Stones.  A rock and a hard place. Qobuz is a very clean and slightly edgy. Tidal sounds better...though very similar, it just does not have that edge. 

5. The Eagles Hotel California from Hell Freezes over. I hear that same crystal slightly hard edge on Qobuz that I heard on A rock and a hard place. Tidal is slightly more easy on your ears.

I know converters and it sounds like Qobuz are using Mytek converters which have a very open detailed sound but slightly edgy on the top end.

20 minutes ago, Don Blas De Lezo said:

So you got the Qobuz option where you get an analog signal out of the Qobuz converters and into a line in on your pre/amp ?  What kind of cable do Qobuz use out of their Mytek converters and into your home ? If its silver or silver-coated , that can also contribute to brightness or edgy-ness .  I have so many more questions but I must now continue to roll around on my living room floor whilst stabbing myself in the eye with a plastic fork much to the bemusement of my wife .   

You need to read my post better. I said it sounds like the Mytek. I never said they are using Mytek converters 

• 2 weeks later...

All this bitching about MQA....if you don't like, just don't use it. No one is forcing you to use it. It sounds better than Spotify and they have a better catalog than some of the other ones out there that sound slightly different. 

The background of MQA does not seem to be good but if I'm not playing records or CD's Tidal is currently the best option for me. If don't like the Dolby sound effect Apple puts on their music and we have the choice to choose what we want. Trying to get people to change their mind and debate is a waste of time.

Peace!