IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

21 minutes ago, Cornan said:

A shield is just a way to minimize capicitive coupling. If you want the impedance to be greater you’ll have to loose the shield since it couples with the wires and creates capative coupling that slows the electrones down. If you want to uncrease their speed or impedance you’ll need to decrease the capasitive coupling ir increase the current. The latter may be out of the question. Silver have the least capasitive coupling. Copper have the most.

Interesting!  Silver has long been known as much for its "speed" as for its tendency for brightness.  Perhaps this explains why the "pace, rhythm, and timing" audiophiles sometimes discuss is usually excellent with silver cables.

Front ends:

Digital: Sonore ultraRendu or SOtM 200 ultra Trifecta --> LKS MH-D004

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC --> Rogue Triton

Back end: SMc Audio VRE-1C --> SMc Audio DNA125 Platinum Plus-->Stealth Dream v10 cables --> Ridge Street Audio Designs Sason speakers, dual Rhythmik F12SE subs

I'm trying to bridge connections in Windows 10.  However, when I open network connections I only see the two ethernet adapters on my motherboard.  Do I need to use a crossover cable to physically connect the unused ethernet adapter to the ultraRendu or SOtm 200ultra to bridge them? 

I have both devices wired to my router presently.

Thanks!

Front ends:

Back end: SMc Audio VRE-1C --> SMc Audio DNA125 Platinum Plus-->Stealth Dream v10 cables --> Ridge Street Audio Designs Sason speakers, dual Rhythmik F12SE subs

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 4:50 PM, jelt2359 said:

I used these instructions for Windows 10. Works perfectly. Has screenshots and everything:

How to set up and manage a Network Bridge connection on Windows 10 | Windows Central

in short, before bridging, check your (outside internet adaptor)'s IP address, default gateway etc etc. Mine is connected to the internet via a USB adaptor "Ethernet 1", and my laptop's ethernet port "Ethernet 2" feeds an fmc setup which feeds my SMS-200. So I copy the details for "Ethernet 1".

After collecting this info, select both network connections, right click and bridge. Then right click the bridge (a new icon will appear for it) and to to IPv4 settings and update with the info for "Ethernet 1".

You should be all set!

Apologies for the silly question, but at what point should I be able to see the SOtM 200 in network connections?  I only see the two adapters on the Windows 10 computer's motherboard in the network connections.   I also cannot reach the SOtM using http://eunhasu when connected directly to the Win10 computer.  Don't know if that's telling of anything. 

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Front ends:

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, beautiful music said:

I got an email from May for a new edition of sMS-200 which is (Neo)

SOtM is going to release the sMS-200 Neo and sMS-200ultra Neo. They are a newer version of the original sMS-200 and sMS-200ultra, and sound colors and sound characteristic are different from the original version. The Neo has deeper mid-range and better bass expressions compared to the original version. And the original version has little more dynamics and presents bright sound compared to Neo version. With such changes, the overall balance of Neo becomes richer and brings musical inspiration.

Pricing and Availability

The price is the same as the standard version.

If you would like to change your current standard version to Neo version, the following price would be required

-      Keep the front panel to the same as original : USD30 

-      Change the front panel to the Neo : USD80

The component inside of original version have been changed and selected new component for Neo, so the standard version will be discontinued and Neo version is going to be available from the first week of August. Pre order is available from now on.

About SOtM 

SOtM is a very special brand which can deliver the Soul Of the Music through the cutting edge audio technology. SOtM will become the most important partner in your music life.”

This is consistent with the other things SOtM has said about the Neo.  It does not appear to be an upgrade; it is merely a sonic rebalance, making the unit more "tube like."  There are plenty of folks, especially in the younger crowd, who prefer sonic neutrality, so I don't understand why they are discontinuing the current models. 

Nothing SOtM has said thus far moves me to ship my unit across the continent for refitting, even if the conversion were reversable.  Perhaps there will be more to the change than SOtM is saying.  We can  hope! :)

Front ends:

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Agreed, the Neo is intriguing. It depends on how they've altered the tonal balance. And whether it is accompanied by an increase in dynamics and a lowering of the noise floor.

May from SOtM is already on record as saying the Neo is less dynamic that the to-be-discontinued 200ultra.  They sacrificed dynamics for a warmer tonal balance. 

Everything SOtM has said about the Neo indicates this is a lateral move designed to get them closer to the sonic signature the company wants.  That's great, but it begs the question of why they didn't make the board responsible for the change in sonic signature an option so they don't lose the crowd that desires a more neutral rendition.

Front ends: