IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, hols said:

Congratulations Rajiv. I am sure you won't disappear. Just would like to share my own experience. After getting the extreme I have been very happy for about two months as if I am on top of the world and enjoying music most of the time. Suddenly the Roon update brings you from your dreams back to reality. At that time I just don't want to listen to the extreme at all. Tried a lot of tweaks but still cannot get back the magic until about 2 months ago when Emile's efforts finally reverted the situation. During that period of bad sound I turned my interests to building servers and learning a lot from Nenon's thread and StreamFidelity's thread. I chose HDplex H5 fanless chassis, powerful CPUs 9900K and 10700K, Apacer ECC Ram, HDplex 800W DC-ATX, DIY 24pin and CPU cables and DIY linear power supply from some longtime audiophiles. Coupled with improvements in the Linux OS created by my buddy/mentor and running HQplayer embedded + NAA we have been successful to build some servers that can match the SQ of the extreme(not only the bad time extreme but even the resurrected extreme). Comments are from occasional visitors during this COVID-19 times. And I am sure that Nenon's server too is at least on par with the SQ of extreme. Of course nobody knows what will happen when extreme brings up three new tweaks next week. Surely it is going to boost the SQ to yet another level. And we shall have to face new challenges? This is really exciting times for audiophiles. Cheers.

server.pdf 222.98 kB · 18 downloads

Hi, it would not be better in your server build  to rotate the hdplex 800w

180 degrees so that both atx are closest to each other?

• 3 months later...
On 11/25/2020 at 3:03 AM, soares said:

So no hope to save money as a PF clock by its own will improve significantly the SQ but will not make redundant the whole range of devices before it. Gosh... Well thank you so much for all your views. I think I will first the uR and sell my uR and hopefully the iR and later consider the PF. In any case I’ll report back on the comparisons between the eR and uR and the eR and the oR. All my best, Jorge

Here is cheaper, but maybe better diy XO solution, especially if you have more than one 25MHz switch:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/60699-anyone-need-a-25mhz-crystalclock-to-theirs-buffalo-switch-nucs-or-at-andrea-moris-groupbuy-at-diyaudio/?do=findComment&comment=1092374