IGNORED

What's New in A+ 2.6.3

Jamesroy

Anyone know what is new in A+ 2.6.3

I'm still running Yosemite Mac OS on 2013 Mac BookPro, since earlier versions of A+ was crashing. Any news about that being solved

If you are still with 2.5.4 or earlier and never tried 2.6 or up to 2.6.3...

Just download the trial or update yours for free to 2.6.3.

BEFORE doing it, rename your Audirvana Application to something like Audirvana 2.5.4

So when you'll download the new 2.6.3 it will be like the latest in your applications folder...

You will be ask to update your library or start from scratch. Since you had troubles in the past, i'll start from scratch. This will create a new Database that will NOT touch your old 2.5.x database, so if you have trouble with the new one, you could just double click your old software that you renamed before to use your old database.

So starting from scratch, you just have to select your DAC and where is your music folder on computer or hard disc... Then just WAIT till the progress bar in the main window... (up right, under the logo) has just finish loading before doing ANYTHING just to be sure nothing funny happen till it finishes... best is to do it before going to sleep :-)

2.6.3 is a MAJOR free update... way faster then before with a multitude of new thing on database or organizing things, seeing things, DR number and Replay Gain... I can't believe no one will stay with a lower release of 2.6.3... my 2 cents. Have fun :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

If you are still with 2.5.4 or earlier and never tried 2.6 or up to 2.6.3...

Just download the trial or update yours for free to 2.6.3.

BEFORE doing it, rename your Audirvana Application to something like Audirvana 2.5.4

So when you'll download the new 2.6.3 it will be like the latest in your applications folder...

You will be ask to update your library or start from scratch. Since you had troubles in the past, i'll start from scratch. This will create a new Database that will NOT touch your old 2.5.x database, so if you have trouble with the new one, you could just double click your old software that you renamed before to use your old database.

So starting from scratch, you just have to select your DAC and where is your music folder on computer or hard disc... Then just WAIT till the progress bar in the main window... (up right, under the logo) has just finish loading before doing ANYTHING just to be sure nothing funny happen till it finishes... best is to do it before going to sleep :-)

2.6.3 is a MAJOR free update... way faster then before with a multitude of new thing on database or organizing things, seeing things, DR number and Replay Gain... I can't believe no one will stay with a lower release of 2.6.3... my 2 cents. Have fun :-)

Thanks for the reply. I just upgraded natural way. What is "Replay Gain"

Anyone know what is new in A+ 2.6.3

I'm still running Yosemite Mac OS on 2013 Mac BookPro, since earlier versions of A+ was crashing. Any news about that being solved

About your question... :-)

https://audirvana.com/expov2/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Audirvana-Plus-2.6-update-1.pdf

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

replay gain will calculate all audio in your database to know how volume interact between songs of albums or between songs only... to make them sound equal... cool in playlist when you don't want to play with volume with differences in sound. A+ preferences panels... how to calcultate it... Audirvana Plus menu bar... File... library

Snapz001.jpg

WAIT also till finished... could be long doing all albums in line :-)

Thanks, I make custom folders and edit the tags in YATE it's been very helpful. They wrote me a couple scripts to help me with the custom art work I design for each. I'm a graphic designer so some of the original artwork is pretty bad. In need of cleaning up and sometimes adding different fonts for the titles. Happy to help anyone who needs my craft.

James - appreciate you putting some work into your album covers.

Care to share a few of your favourites here?

For really bad covers, I sometimes replace them with whatever I find on the web.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

Thanks for sharing - I like the Dire Straits cover you made [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thanks these are just small jpegs, I make the finals 4.5in. square by 200dpi so they really fill the screen of my MacBook. You have to dig deep into the art work area of a CD to find a decent hirez file to work with. I'd be happy to help others out if they want any redesigned or just color correct and clean all the scratches and marks off.