IGNORED

King Crimson Reissues in Hi res

Afveep

"Court of the Crimson King" and "Red" have recently been remastered in dual CD/DVD sets. The DVD contains "MLP Lossless stereo (24/96)", "PCM Stereo 2.0 (24/48)" and surround mixes. How can I rip the 24/96 and/or 24/48 stereo mixes to a Mac? Is this the DVDAExplorer that is mentioned in another thread (windows only), or is there another way?

These re-mixes will be awesome in hi res I'm sure.

Tom

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

I think MLP implies DVD-A so yes DVDA Explorer is the best tool to rip with. It is a windows only tool, so you'll need to rip it on a PC to WAV and then import this to your MAC via a USB stick or external drive. Once added to your library in Itunes (assuming Itunes) on the MAC, you can leave it as WAV or convert to AIFF.

Appreciate the help bottlerocket. Will try it.

Tidal Audio Agoria Loudspeakers; VAC Master preamp; Merrill Audio Christine preamp, Merrill Audio Jens & VAC Renaissance Phono Preamps;   Bricasti M28 & Merrill Audio Element 118 Monoblock Amplifiers; Sonore Signature RenduSE Optical network player; Bricasti M12 Source Controller/ DAC; Spiral Groove SG-2 TT with Centroid Arm & Transfiguration Proteus Diamond Cartridge; Ampex ATR-102 Reel-Reel with Merrill Audio Master tape head preamplifier; Ansuz signal and power cabling and power distribution; Symposium Isis racks 

INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: Dealer- XtremeFidelity.net (VAC,  Bricasti, Merrill Audio,  Sonore, Ansuz, Synergistic Research & others)

• 4 weeks later...

able to rip the stereo 24/96 tracks off of Red to wav on my MacBook using DVD-A Explorer. Then I used Max to convert wav to aiff and imported them into Itunes. A little time spent tagging to make sure everything was right, and Red plays at 24/96. So psyched for more titles to come from King Crimson in 24/96. DVD-A explorer only seems to work for ripping some DVD-As on OSX, but it does work for Red.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Barrows-

I took everyone's advice and found the one Windows machine in my house to run DVD-A Explorer, then manually moved the WAV files to my MacBook where I did the wav to AIFF conversion with Max. But I would greatly prefer to do it all on my Mac. Any advice?

Court of the Crimson King is also out and Lizard is due on January 14th.

Tom

Did the DVD-A explorer work on MAC. Last I tried DVD-A explorer, it did not work on mac for me. I Used window's to use DVD-A explorer to rip the only DVD-A title I had.

Sanjay

Macbook pro 15\" 2.53ghz core 2 duo with Amarra, 1 TB storage, 6 GB memory -> USB locus-design nucleus cable -> EA overdrive DAC -> -> modded parasound JC1 monoblocks -> cadence ARCA loudspeakers + REL studio III

I ripped the 24/96 stereo tracks off of Red using DVD-A Explorer on my MacBook, running Leopard. I think that DVD-A explorer only works for some DVD-As on Mac; I tried to rip a different DVD-A (not King Crimson) and it did not work.

Chris C. has noted that DVD-A Explorer almost always works on Windows, and sometimes on Mac. I ripped Red to wav, and then converted the files to aif with max.

Pretty soon I will try to rip "In the Court..."

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

"A little time spent tagging to make sure everything was right"

Barrows, what software do you use for tagging post festum (ie after ripping)? I have a few hundred ripped CD's that need retagging ;-)

Jens

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.

it manually in Itunes.

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...

Today I ripped 24/96 audio from ITCOTCK with DVD-AExplorer (on my MacBook) and converted the files to aiff with MAX. A little time spent adding track names and other info, and the 2009 stereo re-mix and bonus tracks are ready to play at 24/96 from the Itunes library. Psyched to have more KC coming in high res!

SONORE computer audio