IGNORED

New Amarra 4

ahhh yeah perfectly fitting comparing!! and very amusing i say! soup nazi! ah ah ah . i wonder why in life always people wh has  good legs won't run and and who has thin legs would..there's no justice in this world my friend...and remember  her in Italy we say this : only stupid people DO NOT CHANGE his point of view   ...tell them, an italian expression

ciao

hi guy ..i ìm not sure to have completely understood what you mean to say ,above all with the term "idiot savant"but this i can say :

1) A4 sounds nice, maybe the best ave all the others, and that's a reality

2) I have , unfortunately ,already bought and payed Amarra ,good or bad business it could be,since A3 times plus the nowadays upgrade, and that's another unequivocal reality!!

3) I firmly hate, in my life , every kind of wasting...and A4 thrown in the WC,as i was attempted to do, is a simple waste of money ,time and good sound quality!so i always  prefer to save what could be still savable! that's not a Zen nether it is a reality, but it is a pure philosophy of life

well after this considerations of mine .... please tell me more about it 

thks

ciao

now i am back to you after 2 hours of trials with the descriptor abefore method to use Amarra 4 and i must say it works fine at last without any crash,( obvious.....loading 1 album at any time it would be the maximum of the incredible if it'd crashes!)it takes only some more time, but not so much ,to search &  load  the album you have chosen and  et voilà it plays with the very high quality that A4 inequivocabilly has!

Well ...since ,as i have understood, it'd be too exaggerate the  expectation that such an upgrade possibility enters and, above all ,does not exit again ,in the ears of SS developers, who wants the  A4 sound could use the program in that way! it works and crashes less than A3 used in a similar way

thks ...rain man i saw ss translated in Italian  so some phrases have  not the same meaning as in the original version, this is the reason why i started to look at movies in original language ....but it is anyway very hard to capture all what is said in the deep and hidden meanings

now i understand that the compare is perfectly fitting...idiot savant ...yes this they are! what a pity

yes yes i din understand what is an idiot savant!! i was back to the movie today!! ah it  is all the day the i use A4 as i have explained before and i must say that ,surprisingly, it works and it does not take even much time to load 1 album; from the moment you decide the title to the moment that play starts i mean, but do not load too many albums because the errors in crease and above all......DO NOT SAVE when you're asked to do it!

All this complexity is ridiculous and depressing i know , but it is the only way i found to use a shitty player with a great sound , sound to whom is hard to renounce, the sound only obviously as the shit is always good proposition to make less !!

Ahh those idiot savant rules!!! I  would  not want that in the end of it all the idiot savant rules would make feel me myself the  idiot neither too much savant!!! Goddam.

if you are talking about Amarra SQ+ i never said it has remarkable faults.SQ+ do its duty aside  and ...i can only tell :SQ is ok ,never had a any problem!

But here I do not make any compliant on SQ+!!!!My and our complaints are about A4 only!

But ,anyway , if you are satisfied by symphony you are in a very safe situation and this forum is not of your pertinence, and i am happy for you for this!!

But if ,as i think, Symphony sounds like A3,that i have and know, since they are almost twins, then i can say that the sound of A4 is highly better than that of  A3 ....so maybe even you, in a future , could want to upgrade your Simphony/A3 sound  to  A4 sound ......well ,i believe that  even you will fall in our same situation too ,and so you will better understand  my/our complaints! for the moment:   good luck and listenings!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah folks..... i greatly agree with you! A4 only offera a good sound and nothing more! All the rest is a real disaster!!!!dancing sea,who is clearly part of A4 staff ,can say what he wants but he surely can't chance reality! A4 really does NOT work  at all but the sound!

I'd suggest to Sonic studio to sell it as simple  plugin for other apps....or, maybe better, force its programmers to finally do a very simple effort to became wise and repair their errors done while building a software full of problems in using it....we are in the year 2017 not in the times of Atari computer as it seems looking to A4 in action!!! The ridicolous  is is that even loading 1 album only ,as i do and not saving it when closing,A4 still does errors! Incredible!

A4 almost seems to be intended and then  programmed to generate random errors! Unbelievable!

ciao to everybody and have a good week.

apologize for the misunderstanding !! i am italian so not all idiomatic sentences mean the same in english language ! i meant to say that ,how can i explain, dancing sea is a fan of the ss staff...and neither this explains good what i meant , maybe keeps part of the staff is better..i am not sure anyway! what is the rule of dancing sea is already known by me since some time ...what i meant is that i always found him too permissive to SS errors! YES Amarra 4 SOUNDS very WELL,but on the other part IT IS A REAL MESS of PROBLEMS!!! this IS please forgive some of my phrases the maybe are not so correct in US languages i never wanted to hurt somebody's sensibility

everybody have nice day

ciao

to do make A4 more palatable there are 2 ways:

1 throw it out of the Mac

2 try to use it  this way: load only 1 or few albums or playlists at once , listen to music and then close A4 without saving! no album remains it its futile memory, then re-open A4 and load other albums or playlists you want to listen to.This way don't expect perfection as A4 is still able to have bugs even with few songs loaded, but it could be an acceptable compromise for the sound it gives to you, but remember that sound is the only thing that A4 could expect A4 would give to you ! all the rest is not included in A4 pack( management ,freedom of choosing you how to work with, not having acceptable number of faults  and so on)

I am sometimes  in the temptation to use the first solution ,but i still remain in the second chance helping myself to listen to music whit other Hi end players like Audirvana + when i do not want to get in trouble using A4.

ciao to everybody

Ah i forgot  ....ciao to you dancing sea... you seem to be "SIMPATICISSIMO"(said in the italian

maybe there is no US translation but could mean very nice and likable, but i m not sure) and full of good humor

hi  people who love good vibrations...i have just downloaded the PSPpreQursor2 plugin and started in demo mode and then loaded as an audio unit in Audurvana+ . Well from the first listening i can say that it gives a sound to A+ very very similar to A4,just using it as an analog filter. it seems to me that it gives more dynamics to the sound than A4 ,that still has it different sound and still maybe better ,but i believe that this plugin after some further efforts would be great! A+ is nearly compared in sound to A4. I would invite many of you to try it in demo just to exchange opinions  ,created  presets and all what is possible to have nice sounds from our Macs! i advertise that to load it in demo mode is a bit laborious as you have to download the iLok app to activate it but believe me it is worth to work a little, i know it is not cheap but.... what wouldn't we do for our sacred ears !!i remain waiting for your opinions and suggestions. for the moment ,even if difficult to say A4 still sounds slightly better ,but not much at all...please try it and let me know

ciao to you all

all in real time !! i have also downloaded the retro eq and i am trying the both one after the other just for experimentation...i think that at SS they have found a very great eq setting to  get their sound ...but i also believe that it ,with patience , could be reached with other ways freeing so,who wants it, from A4 

yes guys   i agree  Retro eq is s not in my intents... after having tested it i have decided that i will leave it in the backstage and i would not purchase it! about purchasing preQursor2 i am wondering about...but i can state that it really sounds good!

• 3 weeks later...

hi sea dancer...i suggest to you not to buy for now preqursor2 as i believe i have found something equal or better and ....free!! tomorrow i will investigate test them and i will come back to this forum...for now i have had sound that seems to me even better that a4 but i not still sure! ciao ciao

hi folks...i started to listen to some plugins and suggest everybody to try this and then post his impressions...then we'll walk to a further step...i will tell after my own impressions just for not suggestioning you with my feels

ciaociao

try this : TubeDriver_v_1_3.dmg....and it is completely free!!

hi thks for your replying...... yes i know it is too much what i did but it was intended just to give sense of the plugins used than i wait suggestions from you all to define the better way to use them as the A4 sound could be well reached with A+.so pull off pull in any plugin , make any other adjustments everybody will  then post the changes as everybody could realize and work ....but consider that maybe only with one could be very hard to define every side of sound!! so i put there 2  plugins similar to preQrsor2 with the great ,and not negligible, difference  that they are completely free (PSP costs 65!) and that they seem to sound also very well ,to my ears obviously.Voxengo tube amp was suggested by dancing sea and i think it is a great goal...the last one leaves me some perplexity but it is still worth to be tested by everyone who wants .....it add that something of indefinable to the final sound (better? worst?) that keeps me in the opinion of still dogging around it, with you all better than alone. Maybe the knobs have to be still moderated, but now i see a good and easyer path ahead.

ciaociao

hi i'm here again and i must say with great enjoy after having read the copy_of_a articles! i feel he is a great connoisseur of sound techniques! it is always a pleasure to have such interfaces!as If i remember well i have already told in some previous post of mine that  i have a little knowledge of sound( my recording  studio was quite well equipped and i had a 25 years experience in making records...i have had 48 analog tape tracks ,2 studiers A80 ,linked together with a Z3 synchronizer ,working on an Amek 51 ch Angela and then finally working on a 80 ch Neve consolle passing through a Trident Vector 48 ch, the worst in my opinion, and also using the best possible outboard such as UREI AMS DBX Lexicon and so on)... this for clearing that i know what we are talking about concerning sound! I also was a great support of the less path possible in sound processing (i recorded classical music almost always using 2 mics only  technique max 4 mins ,2 for ambience ,with almost always great results!)

This long introduction to say that i agree  with the conviction that to use the less possible processing in sound is a great idea! but otherwise we are dealing about A4 sound  and a question comes to me automatically....how do they did their sound?without processing it with warmers eqs compressors and what else more on earth?this is hard to believe for me! ( in a kitchen every cook starts from the same primary material and then manipulate it to reach sometimes or always very different results from other cooks be-ending upon its competence and fantasy!)...well here dealing about the idiot savant A4 programmers they surely used a magic processing to sort out that sublime sound of A4, but however a processing it is!

So well we are here only for trying what could be done to completely reach A4 sound but with more friendly players as A+ !This passing across cerebral brain diseases ....when all could be so easy if the idiot savant ears would be only less deaf! But if it was so i must say that we would never be here to discuss and i didn't met guys as you!the moon has always 2 faces! well let's work together to reach the desired result

ciaociao

PS does anybody know the reason why the saturation knob does not work in my system?A+ crashes overtime i try to use it!

yes yes yes i completely agree that A4 sound is not THE ABSOLUTE SOUND at all !!!!so would you be so kind to attach a pic as i did ,with your plugins chain? so i would be able to test exactly as you mean to ear  your sound.

no suggestions for saturation knob that crashes A+?

ciaociao