IGNORED

iFi's Pro iDSD (official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.

Very impressive on paper. It checks every audiophile box. Too bad I'm not in the market for a DAC -  I'd probably buy one! :)

It will be interesting to read consumer and pro reviews when they arrive and if listeners feel this DAC is better than more expensive ones. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, Doak said:

Sounding WAY too much like that Light Harmonic boondoggle.

Design by/via "crowd" apparently has inherent flaws. 

Not really - LH is known for never producing the kickstarter product they've taken money for. This isn't like that at all. 

That said, all the iFi hype on the thread gets a little tiresome. I'd prefer it if they'd tone down the heavy marketing speak and make only real announcements. 

But I guess they can do what they want with their thread. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Newson said:

Sorry, I do not understand yet.

As a happy IFI Idac2 + Roon + HQplayer user I handle all audio signals for DSD256.
I plan to switch to IFI pro IDSD.

1) I ask you if I can continue using it in the same way, manipulate all signals to DSD1024 by HQplayer and / or

2) I can continue using only Roon, with IFI proIDSD to handle
  internal data to DSD1024.

I do not know if i was clear.

Summing up:

Is using IDSI Ifi Pro with Roon and HQplayer possible and can upsamplig or handle all audio signals for DSD 1024? So how is it for IFI Idac2?

The point is that you can’t use it as a Roon endpoint over Ethernet in the way you describe. For that you would need a Roon endpoint/Ethernet streamer between Roon and the DAC. 

You can use the DAC as you are describing over an input that isn’t ethernet, in other words, with USB if you want those high sample rates.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, gordec said:

I'm thinking about adding either an Iso Regen with LPS or microRendu with LPS to the Pro iDSD chain. Given my current setup, which option should sound the best? 

the mRendu has similar cleanup circuitry to the isoRegen (more like the Regen) built in; and since the Pro iDSD also has USB cleanup circuitry, seems like the iso would be overkill. Get the mRendu and add the functionality (and possibly better sound) of the streamer. 
Are you not satisfied streaming to the Pro iDSD?

1 minute ago, gordec said:

Streaming to iDSD sound fine but I can only control it with Muzo with DLNA server setup on Jriver. There way Muzo populates the tracks is very finicky. Maybe microRendu sounds very similar with pro Idsd from PC USB. I'm just curious.

The mRendu is a great item and gives you pretty much limitless possibilities of SW control between it's various modes. You can find a way to use almost any SW available for playback with it, other than a few closed proprietary systems. 

27 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Agreed, HQPlayer and Roon with this Pro iDSD is something special.

I'm upgrading to a fanless i7-7700T soon, and will run HQP 'Embedded' edition on it. It's a headless version, booted from a USB drive and controlled via any web browser. No more annoying fan sound. Plenty of power for all 2s versions of filters at DSD512.

Probably will get this one or similar:

https://www.atlastsolutions.com/fanless-tx-series-pc-core-i7-7700t-kaby-lake-8gb-250gb-860-evo-ssd-asus-h110t/

That looks like a nice server at a good price. 

5 hours ago, gd0 said:

Hi. It's been several months since I've looked in to learn about the Pro iDSD.

I did a search and read the last 7 or 8 pages of this thread but couldn't find this information:

Has the gapless issue been resolved by now?

Do I understand correctly that there had been a handshake issue that causes the first 1/2-second or so of music to be cut off upon playback? If so, has that been resolved?

Thanks in advance.

If you don't get an answer here, write their support directly from the web site.