IGNORED

UltraCap™ LPS-1 launch thread!

By the way, we are right on schedule (maybe even a day ahead!) for shipping the first 150 units next Friday, October 14th as promised.

Here is a snapshot of the first 100 units all flashed with the program (thanks son), individually run through a 5 minute load test cycle (by me), and assembled into cases (by my assistant--she even took units home at night to work on).

Only hiccup so far was that these first boards were about 0.006" (0.15mm) too long, so we had to sand the front edge that tiny amount so the enclosure end plates would not have a gap (too short and the boards would rattle in the case). I'm thrilled that such a easy thing was the only issue!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29638[/ATTACH]

big smiley.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I am doing just that w/my LS-1.

Powering LS-1 with HDPlex - not supposed to matter much, though.

Very much liking what I'm hearing. Been a very BZ time and not much critical listening and have not swapped back to previous setup(s).

I just posted my listening impressions of the LPS-1 feeding a W4S Recovery here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/ultracap%99-linear-power-supply-1-listening-impressions-thread-30172/index5.html#post594994

Doak,

Thank you for the info.

Not sure about voltages here. The Recovery requires 9v, 1A. The LPS-1 outputs are 3.3v, 5v & 7v. How do you get 9v for the Recovery?

I know little about electricity (prolly is obvious). What am I missing?

It appears/sounds to be working very well.

I expect that the W4S Recovery can operate within a range of voltage/amperage, just as the Regen and microRendu.