IGNORED

The End of Speaker Cables.?

sphinxsix

Hi @DigiPete - I think many of us who convert to analog before the power amps are doing so because the pros outweigh the cons of a more digital system. And by pros I mean better sound quality.

I would love to see a modular digital speaker that enabled me to plug in a DAC module from manufacturer ABC and amps from manufacturer XYZ. This would be the best of all worlds.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I admit it's slim pickings of high end pure digital systems, but I have actually auditioned both sides of the fence before I drank the Kool-Ade. There was no comparison.

How many here can truly say that, rather than just voicing their untested bias?

The modular active digital input speaker may help push over some old-schoolers, but isn't it just another version of the "we amateurs know better than the educated professional engineers with the big labs at the manufacturer's"?

Chris, I would love to audition your TAD CR1's with all the trimmings up against Genelec SAM Coaxial Studio Monitors and Steinway-Lyngdorf equipment.

I'm sure everybody would get a run for their money.

I admire your willingness to try both old school and new school systems and select what many in this hobby consider not high end enough. I think we both know your type of system hasn't been more accepted in high end circles because of factors other than sound quality.

I don't think a modular digital system would get us to the amateurs versus pros type of thing. We all have preferences and this would enable more choice. Heck, someone could throw a tube or two in a system :~)

Plus, if there was an MQA DAC module people could throw that in their systems should they desire the feature.

In a perfect world we would have iso standard sizes and connections in digital speakers, that enable all kinds of companies to build parts of the system.

I I too would love to put my TAD CR1s up against any system such as Genelec or Steinway. I'm not tied to any technology (old or new) and would select the one that is best for me.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png