IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

8 hours ago, thyname said:

Can you look into my order too? PayPal 

Transaction ID: 3KS36264W3718341A 

All orders as of 5/13/2017 shipped out last Sat. You should get your cards this week if you are in the US. All other locations may take additional time.    

3 hours ago, rickca said:

Sigh ... OK, Jesus, please tell us what is changed/fixed in this update.  Is there somewhere I can just look this up myself?  Thanks.

I'm not going to post every change we make every time we make one. When I have something important to tell people I will post it here on CA. The plan is to provide the notices on dedicated thread. 

4 minutes ago, thyname said:

Help!

I received the microSD card today for 2.5. Followed the instructions on the video and accompanying letter that came with it. Powered down on GUI, removed all cables, replaced the card. Plugged everything back, and.... nothing! The microRendu would not power up. Does not show on mysonicorbiter either. The light by the Ethernet plug is off.

switched a different power supply. No results.

waited 10 minutes. Nothing.

at this point, I ran out of ideas. Thoughts? What else can I do?

thanks!

It's a know issue on some units. Just email us.

2 hours ago, bobflood said:

This is a question for JR:

Is it possible for SO 2.5 to support ASIO as an output mode from ROON RAAT on my microRendu?

I ask because the ROON RAAT installation on my Win 10 PC which feeds my desktop system will output via ASIO to my BelCanto uLink and it sounds better than the WASAPI Exclusive mode which is the other option that is available for this private zone.

The BelCanto driver is installed on the PC and must have the ASIO ability as part of the driver. I do not know if Linux which is what SO 2.5 is based on even has support for ASIO or not.

I have another uLink in my main system so this would be a welcome option.

Thanks,

Bob

BTW: SO 2.5 is great and an improvement over 2.3. Thanks for your and your team's hard work on this.

ASIO and WASAPI are for local playback on Windows. Linux uses ALSA and no need to load drivers on Windows or Mac to stream to our devices. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, rickca said:

I imagine Qobuz Connect is their API.  Probably both A+ and BubbleUPnP are using it, but you would need to confirm with the developers.

A+ V3.1 is supposed to support streaming to devices like the microRendu.  The public beta is imminent.

I know...what device do you think he is using to developing it:)

21 minutes ago, canali said:

anyone ever get dropouts with their MR?

i do...crazy...happens when i touch a cable and i'll get a disconnection.

often it'll reconnect fine to Roon and show in the devices or zones.

but then sometimes the connection doesn't happen.

so i then reload the www.mysonicorbiter.com

click 'manage' on the far right...

it tries to reload only to get this

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.67 took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

Which cable are you touching? Inspect the USB connector on the cable and the unit for any loose parts or parts that don't appear correct. 

17 minutes ago, canali said:

nope..nothing wrong...all wires connected...

even rebooted computer...

also unplugged, replugged in all cables.

..still getting that reply below....

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.67 took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

Are you connected directly to the router and the router has internet access?

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2017 at 11:39 PM, sockpit said:

Hi Jesus,

has qobuz responded to your query about hooking into their "connect" feature?  A number of us responded very positively to the prospect.  Their app is really much better than kazoo or lumin and it's content (curation, information) keeps getting better.  

No response from them at all.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, davew002 said:

To continue my earlier question, after your kind response, I do NOT see my DAC on the Apps/DAC Diagnostic page.  I am feeding my mR USB output through a Small Green Computer AUDIOPHILE USB TO SPDIF CONVERTER and then via a digital coax cable to my Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro.  This setup worked prior to switching to version 2.5 recently.  And I can Ping my mR successfully and it appears in the Sonicorbiter app in the right places.  I found a page item to add a "Custom DAC", but I was unsuccessful trying that.  Suggestions?

Thanks! 

Okay...the unit needs to see your USB device no matter if it's a DAC or digital converter. Do not use the Custom DAC section. Please delete any settings in that section and press Save.   

10 hours ago, AudioExplorations said:

after reading some of the thread I still don't get why you don't make a downloadable image file of 2.5 available for us. the argument of a $20 fee for the latest firmware on an already purchased $600 piece of hardware aside. it just feels so wrong to send a digital file through the snail mail and pollute our planet with wasted SD cards and exhaust gasses. you guys may make good sounding streamers but this sucks. disappointed!

You can cheat the system and buy the 1.4 hardware update and if you combine it with the Sonicorbiter 2.5 hardware update you save 10 bucks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some USB devices behave this way on Linux. The unit needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the unit sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the unit and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.